Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

May I show off a little?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: May I show off a little?

Postby galeriagila » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks, Pajarita!
For ages it was my hobby, and now it's my "'day job". I don't make a lot of bucks, but in the beginning, I was just hoping my little venture could sell ONE painting, and MAYBE even pay for itself. I think I might actually be profiting by 2-3 dollars month. :thumbsup:
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:56 am

Have been thinking about resuming some of my hobbies in art and trying to sell some online so I might want to talk to you in more depth about the experience. If you are open to talking to me about this, I will be happy to PM you when I am ready to learn more about it.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby galeriagila » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:03 am

I *LOVE* talking about it, Wolf... anytime. PM, email, text or phone...
I've been at it for about 2 years and I have definitely learned from mistakes, as well as mentoring.
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby galeriagila » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Welllllllllllllllllll... there's a first for everything...I have branched out into cat and dog portraits, but...

My first snake!

She's cute, right?
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby liz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:17 am

My son breeds and morphs ball pythons. He has been doing it for many years and is known world wide for his unusual snakes. If you get in a snake forum, he is Koldthumb. You could probably search ball pythons then key in Koldthumb to fined him. He has had as high as 50 but is now down in the teens with his creations.
Ball pythons got their name from curling into a ball when scared.

He now has an all white one with a big personality. He does not hide like the others do. He wants to know what is going on. Instead of balling up, he stretches out in his aquarium to make himself seen. They cannot hear but he can feel the vibrations of my voice and tries to respond to it.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 am

We had pythons and boas at the zoo and we always used a couple of them for our presentations. I had never held or touched a snake before and I was greatly surprised at how very NICE they feel - so smooth and strong... a very pleasant feeling!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm

I've never touched one...
But now I want to!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:42 am

Try it and you'll see! It's NICE! Especially when they move up your arm and you can feel the muscles moving in their bodies... weird but very, very pleasant!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:06 pm

I don't know anybody who has one, but it's on my bucket list!!!!!
Back in New Mexico, we had a big old rat snake who lived in our backyard sprinkler system control box. My husband would go open it and yell at it until it singled away finally. There was also a little rat snake that would climb the Adobe wall to peek on at our finches... I participated on a Captive breeding program of Red Siskins on those days, and MANNNNN that snake wanted one. My ok man would go chase it away and it kept coming back for a long time.
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

Yes, you need to be VERY careful with snakes and little birds - they are a true delicacy to them!
Look for a zoo that has 'presentations' in the reptile house -they usually let you touch the snakes they use for it. We also had Madagascar hissing roaches but I had to force myself to hold those! Not because of the roaches themselves but because they have some sort of symbiotic relationship with mites that live on them and, when you grab the roach, the mites scamper all over your hands! They go back on the roach on their own and never stay on your hands but having the little things crawling all over my hands gave me the heeby jeebies BIG TIME!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic