Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

parrot proofing speakers

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: parrot proofing speakers

Postby liz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:26 am

My son is using hard ware cloth and powder spraying it. It is sometimes called cage wire. It has the little squares. They use different colors and Charles chose a dark blue.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby alienlady » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 am

Thankyou very much Liz
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:14 pm

I would also put some nice untreated pine wood boars around them so she gets something to chew. I have found that giving them material they can chew works better than trying to prevent them from doing it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Pajarita wrote:I would also put some nice untreated pine wood boars around them so she gets something to chew. I have found that giving them material they can chew works better than trying to prevent them from doing it.

Thankyou very much Pajarita. The funny thing is that the speakers are wood and she doesn't touch them :lol: :lol: :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:42 pm

They are very naughty sometimes but, usually, if they see a nice piece of untreated white pine, they go for it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Rmoses » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Pajarita wrote:I would also put some nice untreated pine wood boars around them so she gets something to chew. I have found that giving them material they can chew works better than trying to prevent them from doing it.

Pajarita, what is a pine wood boar? and is it any different that a wild boar or a domestic boar?
And would not the squealing of this boar being chewed by a parrot be louder than the music that would be coming from the speaker. How dirty would the room get with boars attached to your speakers, personally, I would use a wooden board, white pine would suffice. Plus it's a lot easier to find than a sick boar that has gone untreated.
Zons Rule!!
Rick :pirate:
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 am

Rmoses wrote:

Pajarita, what is a pine wood boar? and is it any different that a wild boar or a domestic boar?
And would not the squealing of this boar being chewed by a parrot be louder than the music that would be coming from the speaker. How dirty would the room get with boars attached to your speakers, personally, I would use a wooden board, white pine would suffice. Plus it's a lot easier to find than a sick boar that has gone untreated.
Zons Rule!!

:lol: :danicing:
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby alienlady » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:20 am

Rmoses wrote:

Zons Rule!!

:lol: :lol:
The speakers are actually pine , that's why I find it so funny that she ignores them. :lol:
Pajarita she does have wood to chew :D
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Rmoses wrote:

Zons Rule!!

:lol: You are going to find a lot of mistakes like this one on my postings because I type real fast (my grandkids are always amazed at my speed and the fact that I use all my fingers and I tell them it's because I learned on a manual typewriter) and I never proof-read.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:54 pm

I only type with two fingers. I did start a typing class at nightschool, but didn't finish it as I didn't need to type at work.
Then computers arrived and we didn't send handwritten reports to the typing pool anymore. :o
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic