Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

The parrot picks you You dont pick the parrot

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: The parrot picks you You dont pick the parrot

Postby liz » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:39 am

Love Birds are pushy. When one of mine died I let him go back to the Cockatiel cage instead of his. He did not want to be alone. The problem was that he terrified the Cockatiels and had them all bundled together in one corner.

No matter what you decide on remember that they have big personalities in those little bodies and need just as much love and care as larger parrots. Most people do not think of the little ones as parrots. Because they are small they don't get the respect that would be given to a large parrot.

Mine were singing and chattering last evening. It was 9 and I could here them going strong. I forgot to turn off their light and did not close the cage properly. They were singing because they escaped and were flying around the room.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Tman007 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:25 am

They both get pretty much the same amount of attentions. Winston gets alittle more. I dont know how some of you do it with all the birds you have.
It takes a great man to give advice tactfully
But a greater to accept it graciously

Logan Pearsall Smith
Tman007
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Galah (rose breasted cockatoo)
Cockatiel

Postby Pajarita » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:59 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:What I said was they don't kill other birds but they can meaning they don't go looking for birds to kill and that Lovebird was probably causing trouble though poor thing :(

According to the owner, all the lovebird did was fly and perch next to the amazon when the zon turned its head and bit the face off the lovebird - just like that! Hormonal amazons are no joke - they have a real short fuse and super fast reflexes.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Pajarita wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:What I said was they don't kill other birds but they can meaning they don't go looking for birds to kill and that Lovebird was probably causing trouble though poor thing :(

According to the owner, all the lovebird did was fly and perch next to the amazon when the zon turned its head and bit the face off the lovebird - just like that! Hormonal amazons are no joke - they have a real short fuse and super fast reflexes.

Remember Rio got his beak cracked by a larger bird I cant remember if it was a Zon or a Macaw but I could imagine him trying to attack like he did Tiko if Tiko wasn't scared he probably would have no beak at all.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic