Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Unlocking the cage

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Unlocking the cage

Postby Pajarita » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:46 pm

I highly recommend this documentary! I watched it yesterday (I had recorded it so I could watch it when I had the time) and found it incredibly interesting because I had followed these cases on the papers since they were first reported but the film shows the actual animals and people involved as well as the conditions they were kept. And, it makes two VERY important points:
1) That the laws that classify all animals as mere property are obsolete considering how much we have learned about them in the last 10, 15, 20 years.
2) That it's not a matter of how much the people who have them love them or how much they try to keep them well, it's a matter of what is sufficient quality of life for these highly intelligent and social animals and what captivity does to their minds.

https://www.unlockingthecagethefilm.com/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General & Off Topic