Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cock-fighting

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Cock-fighting

Postby Pajarita » Wed May 17, 2017 11:16 am

7,000 recovered! 7,000!!!! It has nothing to do with parrots, of course! But I always think that if there are so many people that think nothing of doing this terrible, terrible thing to these poor birds, how many more are there that don't really empathize with birds enough to care for them properly?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/7000-b ... li=BBnbcA1
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Cock-fighting

Postby liz » Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 am

The people who do this should not just go to jail. They should also get physical punishment.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Re: Cock-fighting

Postby Pajarita » Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am

I don't believe in physical punishment but I would not mind them working on a chain gang :lol: What I do believe is that we need to improve our animal cruelty laws, forbid people who have been found guilty to ever own or have anything to do with animals AND establish a national registry of animal abusers - the same that they do for sexual abusers. Unfortunately, we no longer have access to the list the USDA used to maintain in their website of all the people who have been found to have committed abuses in the past (this included hoarders, breeders, etc) so we are now pretty much blind.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to General & Off Topic