Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Why is there beauty?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Why is there beauty?

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 am

I found this very interesting as I had never actually thought of this before... Is beauty, for beauty's sake and nothing more, an element that birds consider when choosing a mate? Or is the 'beauty' nothing more than a physical demonstration of a 'fitness attribute' as we have been thinking all along?

What do you guys think?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/scie ... collection
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Why is there beauty?

Postby Navre » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:04 am

Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Re: Why is there beauty?

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:15 am

John, as it's often the case with me, I have no idea what the lyrics to that song mean! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to General & Off Topic