Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I need help!!!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

I need help!!!

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Does anybody know anybody who is flying from the Miami area to the greater NYC area at any time OR from Miami to Orlando and arriving on the 11th or the 12th of October?

OR

Does anybody know anybody in the Miami area who would be willing to drive a bird to Orlando arriving there on the evening of the 11th or the morning of the 12th?

Or

Does anybody know anybody in Orlando who would be willing to look after a bird for a few days around the same time frame I've given?

Let me explain. There is this young man [Javier] that I have known for years and years through birdsites and personal emails [he keeps Timbrados]. The usual problem: young man loves birds, gets a baby parrot and takes excellent care of it but young man grows up, goes to school, gets a degree and is now working full time and married and little bird needs new home. The bird is a male white belly caique and I've known him through videos, pictures and stories since he was a baby and the young man wants me to have him because he actually loves Cheeks [that's his name] dearly and does not want him to end up with a stranger. He contacted me months and months ago and I told him that, although I only take in birds that I need for pairs, of course I would take his and that I would be going to Orlando in October and could he wait? So the plan was for him to drive up there and give me the bird so it can fly back with me. But the whole thing got complicated because he has a new job and is still on the three month 'trial' so he can't take any days off and can only drive on the weekend up to Orlando [he lives in Miramar]. I am arriving in Orlando Saturday Oct/7 BUT I am not staying at a pet-friendly hotel and, although I could change the reservation to one, I am not leaving a little bird in a carrier, in a strange place, all day long on its own and cared for a stranger [me!] - that would be way too stressful for him and unacceptable to me! He offered to send him by plane straight to Newark but you all know how I feel about shipping animals on their own so if I could find somebody who is either willing to drive it to me so it could arrive the night before or the same morning I am leaving [Oct/12] OR somebody who would be willing to care for him for a few days [from the weekend before Javier can drive him to the Wednesday evening before I fly back our problem would be solved!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: I need help!!!

Postby stevesjk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 pm

I cant help, i just wanted to wish you luck in transporting the little bird. Very lucky bird coming to live with you.
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Postby liz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 am

There are quite a few of us in Florida. I am not sure where the others are but I am in Citrus county about 2 hours north of Orlando. If no one steps up in a week then I will help.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am

Thank you so much, Liz! I will keep you in mind for a short fostering, if it comes to that.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to General & Off Topic