Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

"Crazy bird lady"

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

"Crazy bird lady"

Postby Pajarita » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 am

Article about a lady who started by picking up a wounded dove from the street and now runs a rescue in her backyard. I particularly liked a comment she made about her transition from not even knowing if she actually liked birds to being a rescuer and conservationist because I identify completely with it: "“The birds changed me. “Who I was as a person became more important than external achievements.” And I also like the name of her rescue A LOT - it's called 'Pandemonium Aviaries' which, even though she doesn't really specialize in parrots, I think it's a perfect name as a flock of parrots is called a pandemonium!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/26/ ... los-altos/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General & Off Topic