Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Why parrots are better than children

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Why parrots are better than children

Postby Alexander » Wed May 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Both parrots and children are precious beings. None of them is better or worse than the other because in my opinion all creatures are equal. Our association with them and the experiential value gained from it is what make us being fonder of the one over the other. For a loving parent, it is natural to think that his child, his own creation is the most beautiful existence in his life and it is logical to draw a similar conclusion for a person who hadn't had the chance or the desire to have a child, but has a pet which he dearly loves and means the world to him.

Personal values, preferences and experiences differ, but the universal value of all creatures should be equal. So terms like better or worse matter only to the individual...

Alexander
Alexander
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby MandyG » Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't have kids yet, so I can't honestly answer this question. I don't know if children or parrots are better, and honestly I like Alexander's comment about all creatures being equal. Supposedly the unconditional love you have for your children is like nothing else though, guess I'll find out when I get there one day.

But for now, I agree with HyperD:

HyperD wrote:... if you have had enough of them for the day you can lock them up for the rest of the day
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby greymatter » Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 am

...You can shower with your parrot and it's not overly creepy :)
...if your parrot is misbehaving, your parrot can go in a cage, your child cannot.
...it doesn't offend me when my :gray: talks back to me.
...we don't have to pay for daycare for our flock when we go off to work.
"You be good...I love you...see you tomorrow" - Alex the Grey
greymatter
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey Parrot, Caique, Cockatiel
Flight: No

Postby bmsweb » Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 am

MandyG wrote:Supposedly the unconditional love you have for your children is like nothing else though, guess I'll find out when I get there one day.

You're on the money with that Mandy. Their is no one or no creature that even comes close to how I feel about my Child! I find the comparison between children and parrots laughable.
bmsweb
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conures

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic