Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How does your parrot make you laugh?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

How does your parrot make you laugh?

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Mon May 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Scooter really cracked me up this weekend. Well, he's amusing a lot of the time, but this was extra funny. We have one cat that is pretty fascinated with him (and yes we try to be very careful, although her demeanor is more curious than predatory). Scooter was on his playstand on top of the cage and Nikki was lying on the floor watching him. He decided to pass the time by crawling under the paper on the playstand and running from one side to the other under the paper, sometimes saying is self-named name "scoo-scoo", and popping out to look down at Nikki whenever he got to that side of the stand, and saying "Pretty Bird!" each time.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Re: How does your parrot make you laugh?

Postby pchela » Mon May 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Pippin, my Senegal often irritates the crap out of me. A lot of the time when he's being too rambunctious and gives me a nip that is too hard, I'll look at him with the mean look and just as I'm about to scold him he'll pin his eyes at me, hit my face with his beak and make an extremely exaggerated kiss noise. I'm sure he knows that it will get him out of trouble because it always makes me laugh.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)
Flight: Yes

Postby MandyG » Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm

My Amazon always makes me laugh! Lately the funniest thing he's doing is laughing at me though! He seems to know whenever my husband is joking around and making fun of me. As soon as my husband says something like that to me Mojo starts laughing like crazy! It's nice to see them agree on something at least, even if they are ganging up on me! :lol:
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby notscaredtodance » Mon May 17, 2010 6:16 pm

If I set my bird down on a flat surface (the bed, a tabletop, my lap) she will drop her head down like a little linebacker and run herself back into my hands because she loves cuddling in them and being held. this is a really recent thing she does, and i think its because she's finally really comfortable with me and my hands. as little as a week ago she would tolerate a hand on her back but only for a few momnts. now she acts like a cockatoo and runs for my hands to be cuddled.

she's nearly fallen off the table trying to get to my hands :]
notscaredtodance
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot

Postby lzver » Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Lucy and Jessie make us laugh every day! They both just had play time and they are back in their cages for a little while, so right now, they are both up there talking and screetching away. Lucy's saying 'Hi baby' and Jessie says 'Hi buddy. And Jessie's keeps making lots of noise and Lucy keeps telling her to shut up.

But the best thing ever, was we were on our way to our trailer and I had both Lucy and Jessie in their cages in the back seat. I was going through the McDonalds drive through and Lucy said 'How you doin?' The girl at the drive through bent down and said 'I'm good, how are you'. Needless to say she was shocked to see 2 birds in the back seat instead of kids.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Postby kimbo » Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 pm

chico made me laugh the first time he imitated a squeaky ball, he did it perfectly, i thought it was my husband pressing it. :senegal:
kimbo
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal

Postby Java » Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Mine mostly makes me laugh when I will be eating something that he wants and he is on my shoulders, he literally pulls my cheeks so that I may turn to him and allow him some of my food in my mouth. I have to keep putting him down and he comes right back up.

He cracks me up though also when he wants out of his cage. He starts calling me with that clicking sound and he always goes to the bottom of his cage iin the one corner nearest to my desk and runs back and forth and yells until I get him out or he attempts to speak which resutls in my getting him to praise him.

He cracks me up most of the time. He is not truly a bird I think.
Java
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Jenday Conure

Postby TheNzJessie » Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 am

my rainbow lori used to crack me up by bobbing up and down puffing all his feathers and going *kiss kiss rreeeooww)
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby kimbo » Thu May 27, 2010 4:30 pm

i have a pot bird on the window sill and chico took a dislike to it, i caught him pulling it to the edge of the sill by its beak and then pushing it off, and then peeked out to make sure it had gone, if a bird can actually be pleased with itself he was. :senegal:
kimbo
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal

Postby lzver » Fri May 28, 2010 9:36 am

I was working from home the other day and Jessie was hanging out on his cage while I was working. When one of my favorite songs came on the radio I got up and started dancing for Lucy and Jessie - I only do this in front of the birds - funny how we don't mind making fools of ourselves in front of them ;)

Everytime I said 'Jessie, dance with mommy', he started running across the top of his cage and bopping his head up and down. That of course sent everyone into a fit of laughing ... whenever I laugh both Lucy and Jessie laugh ... my husband calls it the 'giggle fest'. Anyways, he had me laughing so hard because that was the first time he had ever done that. He was so excited because mommy was being goofy :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Next

Return to General & Off Topic