Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Happy New Year!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Happy New Year!

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:52 am

To all my friends in birds and their families.

I have a notebook that I keep in my night-table where I write down things that interest me, some for further research like words, phrases or even names of recipes I don't know, some merely to remember them. One of the 'to remember' ones was something that I heard in a movie. The scene was about two teenagers that had had real bad childhoods (alcoholic parents, foster homes, etc) and one of them was trying to cheer up the other one who was very depressed and she said something that pretty much describes my feelings so I wrote it down to share it with you:

Sometimes, things get hard... But, no matter how hard they get, the birds will always sing in the morning! That's what I always tell myself.

And, I don't know about you but, to me, my birds are a constant and 100% reliable source of joy so, no matter how hard things might be at the moment in my life, being with my birds lifts up my spirits every single time.

And thatś what I wish for you: the ability to always find joy in your birds, same as I do.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby liz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:05 am

Beautiful.
"The birds will always sing in the morning".
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 am

Yes, I also think it's a beautiful sentiment - kind of like Orphan Annie's ¨The sun will come out tomorrow¨

Of course, parrots don't really sing but, in my home, there is always a canary or two singing and I wish I could explain what hearing their song does to me... For one thing, in my personal opinion, a house is not a home without a canary singing in it but, for another, birds truly fills my heart with 'joie de vivre' something that, literally, means joy of living but which I once read translated into 'exhultation of spirit' and that's, to me, a more accurate translation of the feeling it brings.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to General & Off Topic