Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Have you ever considered rehoming your parrot?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Have you ever considered rehoming your parrot?

Postby skeetersunconure » Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 pm

sometimes when skeeter gets roudy and nippy and screams in my ear so loud! i wonder why did i ever get you you stupid bird!?? but when he gets cuddly and makes me laugh i say alright i guess you can stay. :)
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure
Flight: Yes

Postby notscaredtodance » Tue May 25, 2010 11:15 pm

I guess I'm too used to animals really being terrible to think Polo [FINALLY FOUND A NAME I LIKED THAT STICKS. phoebe wasnt working out] is bad at all. The worst she's done is poop on me. Which I just wipe up with a paper towel. And now I've gotten a lot better about seeing when she will poop.

I think I'm one of the luckiest parrot owners to have a bird that is so bonded to me and has never bitten me hard. I've got scars on my hands from chinchilla bites, bunny nail scratches, I've been tagged by boas, peed on by rats.... my bird is like a SAINT compared to that torture.

And she's quiet so noise has never been a problem. She is an angel!
notscaredtodance
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: No

Postby Michael » Tue May 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Nice name :thumbsup:

notscaredtodance wrote:I think I'm one of the luckiest parrot owners to have a bird that is so bonded to me and has never bitten me hard. I've got scars on my hands from chinchilla bites, bunny nail scratches, I've been tagged by boas, peed on by rats.... my bird is like a SAINT compared to that torture.

And she's quiet so noise has never been a problem. She is an angel!

Remind me she's how old? Baby Senegals are the cutest, sweetest, quietest little thing. Believe me, all the worst is yet to come :lol:

And it's not you that has to get worried about getting bitten by Polo but rather everyone else! ;)
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Natacha » Wed May 26, 2010 5:37 am

Michael wrote:Remind me she's how old? Baby Senegals are the cutest, sweetest, quietest little thing. Believe me, all the worst is yet to come :lol:

While it is good to keep in mind that this might happen, I don't think all birds go down that path.
I have the perfect example of a bird which remained sweet; Shade is now 4 years old and is still very sweet. When the hormones kick in, she's a bit more distant, but isn't aggressive.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby TheNzJessie » Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 am

im pretty sure everyone has the moments where they just wish it would stop all the noise, i admit my self that i ahve had those moments when my rainbow lorikeet would not shut up at all and would constantly screech and i would think to my self 'now seriously if you dont shut up for 2 seconds your going to live at the zoo!' but i would never EVER actually rehome him for making noise...its just moments im sure all of us go thought, and its especially cute when i once told him to shut up and he went ...na... but only ever did it once i think it was one of those things that they pick up but never do...
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic