Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

If someone offered you a parrot, would you take it?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

If someone offered you a parrot right now, would you take it?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 20

Re: If someone offered you a parrot, would you take it?

Postby Titanius » Thu May 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Since all I only one parrot there certainly would be space for another one I'd gladly take in another one.
Titanius
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Postby Ark » Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 pm

I would say yes. I have been offered a few parrot in the past, but declined since they were not species that really interested me. Though, since the question asked about a healthy indivudual of a species that interested me anyways, I would gladly take in a Poicephalus or two. I miss my little guys so very much (gone to live with my ex), and have been debating adding another anyways so if one showed up on my doorstep (so to speak), I would not refuse.
Ark
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Psittacus erithacus erithacus. Psittacus erithacus timneh.

Postby Michael » Thu May 27, 2010 9:34 pm

For the time being my answer is no because I have my hands full between training Kili and all the stuff I will do with the new parrot. Also I think I am getting close to capacity regarding how many parrots I can take care of on my own and in my space. If these constraints get reduced (bigger place to live with separate bird room) then I think I'd consider taking in some of various species of pois. I would not accept a rescue/rehome parrot of any species I would not personally seek to buy though (basically everything besides Psittacini).
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby budgiebuddy » Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Well I do want another bird but it might depend right now on how big it was/is.If it was a cackatiel, or parakeet(budgie), or like a medium/small bird I probably would. If it was a bigger parrot like a Macaw,or a cockatoo. Probably not right now. :macaw: :cockatoo:
budgiebuddy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: budgie

Postby TheNzJessie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:41 am

yes, thats how i came across having a 11 year old budgie and a 8 year old budgie. i would give them a home even if i did not want them at the time. my bird rainbow lorikeet i did not want at the time but he was at the petshop i worked at and bonded to me. and it was possibly the best decision i made buying him. (r.i.p luka <3)
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby Kim S » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 am

Well, this is exactly how Peewee got to be with us. We weren't looking for a parrot but it was always in the back of our minds to get one some day. And allong came Polly, eh, Peewee...
At the moment I wouldn't take in anything but budgies or cokatiels. They could live with the rest of our flock in the aviary. I have my hands full training Peewee and getting to know him better. Only a cockatoo would make us think twice I guess. My bf always wanted one and I just love anything that breaths. :lol:
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Postby Banksie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:12 am

Damn that's a hard question! I REALLY, REALLY want a Mollucan Cockatoo after falling in love with one at my local bird supplies shop but there is no way on earth I would be able to provide it with adequate care. I'd have to say no but it would be with a very, very, heavy heart and I'd definitely feel bad about my decision! It's out of pure human selfishness that I'd consider it at all, but if I'm honest I would. Get the bad thoughts out of my head!!!

There is also a blue green-cheeked conure that isn't tame, he keeps trying to nip me, but I love him all the same. If it was that, then, no question, I'd take him.

So, to answer, if it was a species I know I can accommodate then I would take it, otherwise I wouldn't. Now THERE'S a politicians' answer if ever I saw one!
Banksie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 16
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, 2x Budgerigars, 5x Zebra Finches, 4x Bengalese Finches, 2x Chinese Painted Quails, 2x Red-Eared Waxbills.

Postby CheekyandMalolo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 pm

if it was a Cockatiel then I'd say yes, not necessarily because I really want another one, but I know it's more likely to get along with my birds. anything bigger and I'd have to convince my parents which could be hard.
Aurora - Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
o'Tika - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Malolo - Cinnamon Pied Cockatiel
Tim - Red Wing Parrot
Prince - Blue Princess Parrot
Cheeky - Green Cheek Conure(RIP)
CheekyandMalolo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel x 2
Princess Parrot
Red Wing Parrot