Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Does anybody watch Hoarders?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Does anybody watch Hoarders?

Postby pchela » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm watching it now and it is so difficult to watch. Those poor birds! 57 in one house and their cages are disgusting! The poor green cheek conure they keep showing is just desperately clinging to the top of his cage wanting out. The cages are not even proper bird cages and probably not safe. I don't understand why animal control can't do something in a severe case like that. I understand that the woman has a mental disorder, but these are living creatures! :evil:

I hope by the end of the episode that these birds are taken care of.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)
Flight: Yes

Re: Does anybody watch Hoarders?

Postby miajag » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Yeah, I'm a fan of that show and saw it last night. I was surprised that most of the birds appeared to be in decent health, though obviously the amount of crap (literally) in the air from 57 birds in such a small space must be horrible for their lungs. They only made her give 5 or 6 of them up, I think. Sad.
miajag
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker Parrot, Budgerigar

Re: Does anybody watch Hoarders?

Postby pchela » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:43 pm

I was also surprised that they all appeared to be fully feathered but she had them in cages that were way too small and not enough toys etc. I do think she really cared about them but there is just no way that one person can provide that many birds with the proper care. I really do think that there should be a limit on pets. I guess some states have limits but not where she was.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Return to General & Off Topic