Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How do I get rid of pigeons..!!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

How do I get rid of pigeons..!!

Postby Grighenry » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm

Hey, I'm living in this current residence for so long. One day I got to see two pigeons in my attic. I had my nephew with me at that time, he loves birds, and he gave food for them to eat. It became his regular practice, and I didn't notice that. As days passed, I had realized that a flock of pigeons started to appear on the roofs. They completely messed my attic by leaving feathers and their droppings. I'd blame my nephew for giving me this headache. I tried to get rid of them, but they kept coming back. One of my friends suggested informing wildlife removal services for assistance. Can I call them for removing pigeons? As I'm facing such an issue for a very first time, I'm not familiar with any of these services. So I need your suggestions regarding this as soon as possible.
Grighenry
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: How do I get rid of pigeons..!!

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:58 am

I don't know where you are located and the only reason why I mention this is that where I am (Northern New Jersey) is super duper cold right now, but, if you are in a location where it's not that cold, all you need to do is open a window in the attic at dawn and put food outside for them to eat then, when they all leave the attic, simply close the window and/or whatever they are using to get inside. Easy peasey lemon squeezy!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:01 pm

You can get a fake owl or snake to put out. They are all afraid of owls and snakes.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:09 am

Liz, I was getting ready to send you an email asking if you were OK because I had not seen you here for days and days!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 am

Pajarita wrote:Liz, I was getting ready to send you an email asking if you were OK because I had not seen you here for days and days!

Thank you for your concern. I fell again and bruised my ribs. It hurt to deep breath or cough. I just wasn't up to sitting in front of my computer. I am doing better now.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:20 am

Geez, Liz, you have to stop doing so much! I still remember when there was that big storm and you were digging a trench around the barn so the water would not go in...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to General & Off Topic