Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Do you believe in God?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby bosad44 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:31 am

Of course you are free to answer or avoid whatever you want. but your behavior of avoiding this topic and all the questions related to it just implies (in my opinion) that you are afraid to go into this topic as if you're in a denial or simply just being generally sensitive/emotional about the topic of "God" (just how many atheist are). It's funny how you sometimes talk about nature as it has consciousness, but if we say it's "God" it's completely illogical? :? there are many arguments I could make to support my claim but it's pointless at this point as it's clear, so far, you wouldn't even consider to analyze anything I say intellectually or logically. I believe if I was not being reasonable it would have been easy for you to prove me wrong on all the points I made. but in contrary all I've seen from you is completely avoiding this topic all together based on an opinion you have. You know, even if you are so convinced about your opinion, you still could be wrong because you can't be 100% certain about anything you claimed, as you have said before :roll:
bosad44
Lovebird

Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:52 am

I believe this thread has gone on long enough. It seems what we believe is what we believe and no ones mind has been changed by this thread.

The question was "Do you believe in GOD? Yes or no was all that was needed.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:34 am

You are absolutely right, Liz. A simple question that required just as simple an answer. But the OP did not really want an answer, he/she (although I am pretty sure it's a 'he' and not a 'she') wanted to start an argument and when this was denied, he started by insisting, then pushing and lastly resorting to derision. The truth of the matter is that arguing about religion is futile because nobody has ever convinced anybody to either believe or not believe in God - and much less using, as he claims, logic! :lol:

News Flash, Bosad, you are not going to get it and it doesn't matter what kind of needle you use to try to get to me because it won't work.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby bosad44 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:45 am

what's a belief if you can't even back it up or defend it? (atheism is a beliefs too) well, with all due respect you really should stop making baseless/false claims and treat them as facts..

anyways, as it seems like you are not even reading everything I said, I will just stop the arguing about this topic with you. You are saying that I'm insisting to argue (even though I mentioned that you are free to answer or avoid answering ) even if I was really "insisting" from the very beginning you chose to start this argument, and while I only asked a question I got a very unrelated answers to the topic "Islam has two sides" which lead us to this discussion. with all respect, you shouldn't have started something that you don't want to take part into. Also you shouldn't make claims and assumptions in someone's beliefs when you clearly don't know much about them..

I apologize if me talking or asking questions about this topic has bothered you and if it did it was not my intention. I just don't see where's the problem in questioning your belief when you already made false claims about mine (not that I'm bothered by it). I will stop asking you as it seems like my questions are being interpreted as "derision", I'll just take it as you have no answer.

Again, sorry for any inconveniences that I might've caused as it was not my intention
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby liz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:03 am

Please let this thread die.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:17 am

Don't worry, Liz, we will.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm

I am going to put in my 2 cents. This is a parrot forum and no place to be asking God questions. You took a wrong turn here and if you want to ask questions about God go to an appropriate place please.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby bosad44 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 pm

seagoatdeb wrote:I am going to put in my 2 cents. This is a parrot forum and no place to be asking God questions. You took a wrong turn here and if you want to ask questions about God go to an appropriate place please.

its the the "general & off topic" section isn't it? :lol: and simply nobody is forced to take part into this thread if they are offended by this topic ( Although I appreciate those who did ).

funny how this topic is bothering this much of people :lol: some even seem to be offended by it :roll: ... I think this a topic should be discussed anywhere considering the significance it holds.. well at least in the perspective of those who believe in God :thumbsup:
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby seagoatdeb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:48 am

bosad44 wrote:
seagoatdeb wrote:I am going to put in my 2 cents. This is a parrot forum and no place to be asking God questions. You took a wrong turn here and if you want to ask questions about God go to an appropriate place please.

its the the "general & off topic" section isn't it? :lol: and simply nobody is forced to take part into this thread if they are offended by this topic ( Although I appreciate those who did ).

funny how this topic is bothering this much of people :lol: some even seem to be offended by it :roll: ... I think this a topic should be discussed anywhere considering the significance it holds.. well at least in the perspective of those who believe in God :thumbsup:

Off topic means that it will still be related in some way. Parrot Forum is not a Religious place. This is a place for parrot lovers and other animals have often been discussed in the off topic. I have my own strong beliefs about things and save them for places where people have gone to do that and would want to hear. I personally dont like to see it shoved in a place where i go to see about parrots and then see a person continue to think they can "read" peoples minds and know how and why they feel the way they do. I do not know if the way you believe about God would be something I could ever share with you and dont even want to know, as I believe that shoving it on people is not a sacred enough practice that I would ever want to indulge in. But since you know so much about your topic, you should go to a place were people are asking for it, and needing it, and not people who were coming to find out about parrots and other things related to parrots. Anyway I will let it die and maybe you can find somewhere else to give you the attention you want.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby bosad44 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 am

seagoatdeb wrote:
bosad44 wrote:

Off topic means that it will still be related in some way. Parrot Forum is not a Religious place. This is a place for parrot lovers and other animals have often been discussed in the off topic. I have my own strong beliefs about things and save them for places where people have gone to do that and would want to hear. I personally dont like to see it shoved in a place where i go to see about parrots and then see a person continue to think they can "read" peoples minds and know how and why they feel the way they do. I do not know if the way you believe about God would be something I could ever share with you and dont even want to know, as I believe that shoving it on people is not a sacred enough practice that I would ever want to indulge in. But since you know so much about your topic, you should go to a place were people are asking for it, and needing it, and not people who were coming to find out about parrots and other things related to parrots. Anyway I will let it die and maybe you can find somewhere else to give you the attention you want.

I’m not even going to argue about the claims you’re making about me. You don’t like the topic? simply don’t read the thread, or better yet don’t click on it at all.. even if I was wrong to post it here, there’s no need to be so offended by it.
bosad44
Lovebird

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic