Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Do you believe in God?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby bosad44 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 am

Pajarita wrote::lol: You really do have a problem with letting go, don't you? My feelings are not in question and, if you knew me, you would know that I have the thickest skin ever so, no, it's not a matter of me being overly sensitive about the subject or about me not being able to have an argument (not that it could be logical if it's about God but anyway..), I am the QUEEN of debates! There are two reasons and two reasons alone why I don't want to continue the argument:
1) you can't argue with anybody who claims that they have evidence that God exists (the whole premise is not only false but too ridiculous as there is not and never has been any evidence (as in body of facts or provable information - it comes from the latin 'videre' which means to see) whatsoever of God's existence - and that's why all religions are based on something as unprovable as 'faith' which is defined as 'unable to be demonstrated by evidence or argument as true or existing'. So, as you can see, you can't use both 'faith' and 'evidence' for the same thing because it's either one or the other - you either 'see' the proof (evidence) or you don't, in which case, you need 'faith'.
2) this is a BIRD forum, not a religion one. If you want to have a debate on anything related to birds, you are more than welcome to state your position and we will take it from there.

I'm not trying to argue you or debate here and I love just how you completely ignored everything I said without even responding to it objectively, sure you're not being sensitive at all..

just to respond to your two points:
1) I've never brought up the word faith, you did. and anyways, the whole thing you are arguing with is a logical fallacy in my opinion. As you are using the wrong way to identify God existence. like what evidence would you want or accept? because it looks like nothing would ever be enough for you as evidence as you have already made up your mind on this matter. anyways, back to that point, if you're telling me everything needs to be proven physically or empirically, then how do you prove gravity? I know you will say we can measure it's affects. then how about consciousness?

2) I though this is the "Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else." section? Also I don't mind continuing this discussion somewhere else :roll:

anyways I'll leave it at that, and I apologize if replying to you had bothered you this much I'll stop "arguing" about this topic with you :?
bosad44
Lovebird

Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:46 am

:lol: Don't worry. I am not bothered by you - what possible reason would I have to be bothered by you when I don't even know you? You choose to believe in God and I don't - that's all there is to it. And, although this section is titled "General or Off Topic" and it does contain threads that are not about birds, it is still not the right place for a religious debate - not that there could actually be an real debate when it comes to religion because, for that, you would need facts to use as arguments. And, no, there is no other place where we could argue about this because, as I told you before, I don't argue about religion. It's a waste of time.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby bosad44 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Pajarita wrote::lol: Don't worry. I am not bothered by you - what possible reason would I have to be bothered by you when I don't even know you? You choose to believe in God and I don't - that's all there is to it. And, although this section is titled "General or Off Topic" and it does contain threads that are not about birds, it is still not the right place for a religious debate - not that there could actually be an real debate when it comes to religion because, for that, you would need facts to use as arguments. And, no, there is no other place where we could argue about this because, as I told you before, I don't argue about religion. It's a waste of time.

so we can continue this discussion if it didn't involve god or religion? :lol:
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby Pajarita » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:52 am

:lol: How are you going to 'continue' a debate about God and religion if you don't argue about God and religion? Pretty impossible, I would say!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:03 am

No debate here, just a statement.

I have seen HIS miracles and I have been HIS miracles. In 1994 and 1995 my mother was told 3 times that I would not see morning. When she thanked the doctors for pulling me through, they said "we did not do it".
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 am

I am very glad you made it, Liz! I have also survived when odds were against me but I don't attribute that to a miracle.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby bosad44 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Pajarita wrote::lol: How are you going to 'continue' a debate about God and religion if you don't argue about God and religion? Pretty impossible, I would say!

I wouldn't talk about god or religion anymore. I just want to ask you how do you think this whole universe started and how did everything come into existence. I don't want you to give me a definite answer, I just want a logical explanation for how possibly did we come into existence from nothing, and if it is not from nothing, then what alternative explanation can be the cause of the universe existence?
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby bosad44 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm glad that you are alive and well till this day liz. I don't know if you refer to "God" by "HIS", but I believe we should always be thankful for God's blessings to us and the very least we should do is seek him and his guidance to worship and obey him the way he wants us to worship him.

and not arguing here too just making a statement :lol: but I believe to deny God's existence is illogical.

There are many reasons for why people reject the idea of God but in my opinion they usually come from emotions and subjective reasoning.
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby Pajarita » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:10 am

bosad44 wrote:
Pajarita wrote::lol: How are you going to 'continue' a debate about God and religion if you don't argue about God and religion? Pretty impossible, I would say!

I wouldn't talk about god or religion anymore. I just want to ask you how do you think this whole universe started and how did everything come into existence. I don't want you to give me a definite answer, I just want a logical explanation for how possibly did we come into existence from nothing, and if it is not from nothing, then what alternative explanation can be the cause of the universe existence?

:lol: If you underestimate your interlocutor's intelligence, all you are actually doing is proving that you are not that smart to begin with...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby bosad44 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 am

Again, all what you are doing is avoid answering my questions and you keep diverting the topic to others things. If you have no answer you can just say so..

Anyways, I didn't underestimate anyone's intellect or whatever all what I did is ask a simple direct questions. if my question implied that I'm underestimating your intelligence, then I apologize and that was not my intention...

:

if you'd consider me "not smart" because of my question its fine by me, as from my perspective you've always took a condescending approach towards "arguing" with me, which again is fine by me, I consider you a more knowledgable person than me and much more experienced. However, it does not mean that my questions are invalid just because of an opinion or belief you have :roll:
bosad44
Lovebird

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic