Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

why are everyone scared of pet parrots!?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: why are everyone scared of pet parrots!?

Postby Banksie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 am

I find people are generally like that with all small animals that are likely (in their minds) to nip. Grown men that are petrified of holding a hamster, for example! Conversely, they are quite happy to thrust their hands or arms into mouths full of sharp teeth with a dog. As has been pointed out, Parrots are an unknown quantity for many and people really don't know what to expect.

My brother, when he met Monkey my Senegal for the first time had to ask what the most amount of damage he could receive from a bite. I, of course, said he'd take my brother's arm off but people really don't know - they just see that beak and are naturally a bit apprehensive.
Banksie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 16
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, 2x Budgerigars, 5x Zebra Finches, 4x Bengalese Finches, 2x Chinese Painted Quails, 2x Red-Eared Waxbills.
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic