Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

do you have a daily routine?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

do you have a daily routine?

Postby TheNzJessie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 am

do you have a daily routine for your birds? set feeding times set play times etc
if you own more than one bird is it different for each bird?
if you have a routine do you think your birds get to know the routine and get bord?
do you think a routine as a positive effect or a negative effect?

for me i have a routine for feeding times and being weighed but i dont have a routine for play time
Last edited by TheNzJessie on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: do you have a daily routine?

Postby Natacha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:31 am

I do have somewhat of a routine as the birds know they will get fresh foods so many times in a day and that they will come out normally so many times in a day (or for so long) but I don't keep when these things happen set in stone, since I don't always follow the same schedule myself. So feeding (fresh food that is, they always have some pellets in their cages) will vary from a hour or two from the "usual" (aka the time where it happens more often for whatever reason), but they know not to necessarily expect it then.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby lzver » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am

Most days I'm able to follow a schedule, but if I can't stick to it I don't stress out over it. I know that Jessie is more aware of the schedule because if he doesn't get his fresh food by a certain time every day he starts throwing his pellet food all over the place - so generally I try to avoid this not only because it waste's pellet food, but I'm the one that has to clean up the mess ;) . Lucy is pretty laid back and a change in schedule doesn't really throw her off at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Postby tacotaco » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 am

i would say he is the one with the schedule on me lol. as far as eating, he'll wake up every morning at 7:30 to eat breakfast, when i'm not home i'm sure he helps himself - and dinner time he comes down to the kitchen every night (my dad will take him down if i'm not home.) as soon as i do get home, i take him out and he is out with me for about 5 hours.
he's not much of a player although i've been trying to get him into it by making him play for about 10 minutes per night. last night, i gave him a toy and he actually had a lot of fun with it, which i don't often see too much so that made me happy. so as for play time, we are working on it - whenever he seems to be in the mood! :P
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:00 pm

I have a loose schedule. Scooter knows we are up when the alarm clock goes off, and he expects a visit to open the shades in his room and turn on his sunlight, then fresh food breakfast within a half hour. Often, but not always, he "helps" me make his breakfast. Then he goes back into his cage for a while. From there, the routine diverges. If I'm spending time in the office before work, or working at home, or goofing around on the computer on a weekend, he is usually out and playing on the desk. Bathtime is once every 2-3 days, usually shortly after I am home from work. He typically gets out of cage time from then until dinnertime, but not completely predictably, as I may need to run errands or do other things. When the sun goes down his sun-light goes off and the blinds are closed. I take away the fresh food and say goodnight in the late evening. I've not gotten into a regular training schedule, but I want to start doing that regularly.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Postby HyperD » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Wake up 5:30am - 6am depending on how early Jazz wakes up.

Play and some training. Plus getting fresh food/water for the day.

Shower at 7am (me).

Jazz doing her own thing whilst I get ready for work.

7:45am, Jazz goes back to cage. I go to work.

Get back usually at 4pm.

More play/training until I am hungry and need to get some dinner :D

Then she does her own thing until she has had enough and goes to bed!

Although sometimes after work we will go on a trip friend's/family for a day out of the house...

Weekends are variable. Generally as long as I am home, Jazz is out. If I need to go out and it is somewhere parrot friendly then I will consider taking her, otherwise she stays at home until my return.
HyperD
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal

Postby skeetersunconure » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 pm

mine is pretty losse although coincidently he gets fed around the same time everyday
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Return to General & Off Topic