Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New addition to family

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

New addition to family

Postby BerlinKhan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello everyone,,
Yesterday, we adopted a dog from NYC Animal Control. We were going to reduce the number of dogs through natural attrition -which was not going to take very long as we had soooo many very old dogs- and just keep the three young ones we now have because we are moving back home in 5 or 6 years and the less animals we need to move, the better off we will be. But I was missing my little babies so much (we had to put down two little la movers dogs in less than 2 months) that I told my husband I was going to look for another one. And, because one of the two little ones we had to put down was his beloved Bunny (a small bichon/maltese mix), the only thing he said was to make sure that it was EXACTLY as I wanted it and not to be swayed by a sad story (this is because I never actually choose, I just take whoever needs it the most). So, in order to make it so I could help out an animal in need but still get what I wanted, every morning and every evening, I looked in Animal Control and kill shelters websites. But, because what I wanted is what most people want (a young -less than 5- small -no more than 8 lbs- loving and healthy female), it wasn't so easy.

Yesterday morning, I saw two possibilities in the Manhattan shelter for NYC Animal Control: a female Chihuahua thought to be around 6 years old and a female toy poodle thought to be 3 years old. So, at 12 noon sharp (when they open for adoptions), we were already in the waiting room with our application all filled up and our documentation ready. I asked to see the poodle they had listed as Tiara (5 lbs) first because, been a white and tan poodle, she resembled most my husband's Bunny and, of course, that's the one I took because whichever dog ends up been the first in my arms is also the last and the one I take :D .
Last edited by BerlinKhan on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BerlinKhan
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: New addition to family

Postby liz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:22 am

Good morning.

We all love dogs but this is a Parrot Forum.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise

Re: New addition to family

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 am

Well, Liz, she did post it on the forum where anything is allowed.

Not to make you feel bad, Berlin, but I adopted a maltipoo (maltes/poodle mix - VERY similar to a maltes/bichon mix) female only 3 years old from NYC Animal Control - also because I knew my husband would adore a little, white, curly haired female after having to put our bichon/maltes mix, Bunny, due to kidney failure. She was the love of his life and claimed he would never love another dog the same way - but he was wrong :lol: because he now adores Baby (as I knew he would)!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Return to General & Off Topic