Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Happy B'day, Wolf!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Happy B'day, Wolf!

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 am

Today would have been Wolf's birthday... I was thinking about him yesterday while I was giving the parrotlets cage a good cleaning as they are being picked up today by the lady who will give them their new home.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Re: Happy B'day, Wolf!

Postby Navre » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:09 pm

He seemed like a very kind person. He is missed.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:41 am

Indeed, kindness and empathy were, in my personal opinion, his most outstanding traits but he also had a sharp, inquisitive, open mind. I so miss the wonderful debates we used to have...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Postby liz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:17 am

He didn't give me any warning. I knew he was sick but I thought it was sick like me. You know, an illness that won't let go and has to be lived with.

It was such a shock to me when I read that he died. I am still not over it.

I met him once but I loved him. He was special.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise

Postby Pajarita » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am

His death caught everybody by surprise because although we knew he had lung cancer, the most recent tests he had done showed that he was responding to the chemo and that the tumors were becoming smaller. I don't know exactly what the cause of death was but it might not have been the cancer itself but that his heart just stopped because when you have trouble breathing for a long time, the heart suffers terribly (most people who has had asthma all their lives end up dying of heart failure).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to General & Off Topic