Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Merry Christmas AND...

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Merry Christmas AND...

Postby DanaandPod » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first Christmas without Piccolo and Pod. It has been half a year already, since I left what was my life and spirit behind in North Carolina. No day is easier. As far as I hear, they are doing well at Cape Fear Parrot Sanctuary. Out of over 300 parrots, Piccolo was the only Meyers there. They had another Jardine but was a pluckeŕ and much older than Pod. Luckily, they had each other... Im grateful for that. And, the sanctuary put them in a smaller aviary seperate. (They keep species seperate) Their birds are outdoors year around. So, they have acclimated. I am glad I got to visit there. Nothing can replace the surrounding sounds of the birds. Piccolo and Pod looked quite content there...after an 11 hour car ride. I will never forget....them burrowing their small bodies into me with trust during that ride. Nothing hurt more than leaving my babies behind... nothing. Though its not perfect... The sanctuary has my trust. And, it is my goal to get on my feet and return. It has been hard not being able to see them or let them know I love them and will return one day. In the mean time though, I know they have seen many sun rises.... and rain and winds.... and nothing indoors naturally replaces that. I will return one day to give them an updated larger aviary. And food. But for now, I believe in what they do there. Rehoming stops there. They do not at all rehome these birds. It is their forever home. As I said, they have well over 300 birds at Cape Fear Parrot Sanctuary in North Carolina. So, please please keep them in mind this holiday and always. Michael, if you are reading this...i would really love if yous would visit there and do a video on this sanctuary like you have done with others. Happy Holidays Everyone. Please wish me luck too...as...Im aiming to get focused on new employment training and goals towards being a Water treatment Operator.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies
Flight: Yes

Return to General & Off Topic