Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Names

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Parrot Names

Postby SirHubi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:06 am

I named my parrot a cookie, because I like cookies and I like my parrot :) :senegal:
:senegal: - Cookie
SirHubi
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Poicephalus (Senegal Parrot)
Flight: Yes

Postby pchela » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:56 am

Linus didn't stick so now I'm thinking Henry. Still named after Indiana Jones of course.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby Suzzique » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 pm

When we got Alex (cag) we didn't know if he was a boy or girl so wanted something unisex that way it wouldn't matter. There are several short names out there that would work. The biggest reason we went with Alex was as a tribuite to the famous late Alex. Martini came with his name he knew it and she said that he could say his name. Plus we really kind of liked his name. I think we had him about a year before I finally heard him say his name. It is cute when he does. But he is a closet talker. He has to be all by himself before he will do any talking. So we only get to hear him from another room. Oh and the thing about short names being easier for them to say... Maybe true for the birds that don't do much talking. Not true for greys! My youngest daughters name is Coriander and Alex yells her name very clearly all the time.
Alex - cag
Martini - senegal
Suzzique
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: CAG, Senegal

Postby oknuma » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:13 pm

our Rosella Batman was named that because we allowed our 4 year old son to name her.
what were we thinking ? LOL
~~Oknuma - mum to two human kids, 1 feathered kid and one furry kid~~
oknuma
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Currently Eastern Rosella - Batman

Postby windharper » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 am

pchela wrote:Linus didn't stick so now I'm thinking Henry. Still named after Indiana Jones of course.

What about Indy? That's kinda cool and it's still Indiana Jones. :D
windharper
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal, Cockatiel

Postby AfricanSenegalParrot » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 pm

I named my sennie Tobuscus, or "Toby" for short. I named him that because of my favorite youtuber, Tobuscus. Toby isn't home yet, but he will be in a week or so. I bought him as a baby, he is still being hand-fed at the pet store. :senegal:
AfricanSenegalParrot
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
Flight: No

Postby Salmando9 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Chloe for my baby senegal
Salmando9
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Blue and Gold Macaw

Postby laducockatiel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I named my Cockatiel Ladu because Ladu is a type of Pakistani/Indian sweet and I named him Ladu because he is very sweet and kind towards everyone.
My blog: http://the-buzz-online.weebly.com

"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
- Malcolm X"
laducockatiel
Amazon

Postby owlyssa » Fri May 06, 2016 10:55 am

:senegal:
Hello all! I'm brand-new to this site, but I'm a novice bird owner. I've previously been blessed to have a sweet Cinnamon Pearl Cockatiel named Jeter in my life who, sadly, passed away last July.

I'm excited to say that I've just found another feathered companion to call my own, and will be taking home a Senegal Parrot in a month's time. I'm here (obviously) because I'm trying to decide upon a name for the little bean!

I want something that is gender-neutral. Jeter actually turned out to be a she, and while it didn't matter to me or her, other people incorrectly assumed or took issue with her name. (Who cares? But I digress.)

I've only had the opportunity to meet with my Sennie once, but from the moment I approached their cage, they were right there, trying to get a good look at me. Throughout our meeting, my parrot was all about poking and prodding and examining me! Needless to say, s/he is a very curious and inquisitive little parrot. I've also been told (and witnessed firsthand) that my new Sennie is a bit of a klutz and hasn't quite gotten the hang of their clunky parrot-toes yet.

I went in thinking Kona would be a solid name (and would reflect my affinity for coffee), but now I'm trying to come up with something that reflects my Sennie's curious and clumsy nature. Does anyone have any recommendations, especially literary/fictional character names? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! :D
owlyssa
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot - Kona
Flight: No

Postby Navre » Fri May 06, 2016 7:33 pm

We currently have 3 Caseys at the rescue ( 2 Goffins, 1 CAG), and 3 Maxes (all B+G Macaws), and 2 Jasmine's (1 DYH, 1 TAG) We have had a few Hopes through lately.

Mango seems to be popular for Suns, Jendays, Sundays.
Kiwi seems to be popular for Quakers or any small green bird.

These names are now sold out.
Navre
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic