Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Bird Quirkyness

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Bird Quirkyness

Postby triplebbirds » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok i have no clue if this fits here but i couldnt see a spot to post something like this. And really i swear its funny. Ok my Parrotlets, who by the way now have Yam and Rolls, 2 babies. But anywho.... Howie is a green split to blue male, Mandabelle is blue. Ok Here is his quirk. He is completly afraid of green. We cant have green toys, green treat clips, green shirts, Nothing. He cant have a mirror because is panics. He is completly terrified of green. Heaven forbid he looks at himself. I have heard of birds being afraid of certian colors but his own color is a bit crazy. Needless to say i keep a green treat clip hidden away if i have to break up a fight with him and mandabelle. Never had to they love each other too much. And fortunatly we pull the babies before they really feather out. Just thought i would share Howies odd quirk. Now i cant be the only bird person with a bird that needs a bit of help.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: Bird Quirkyness

Postby Kathleen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:29 pm

That is really strange! There must be a way to condition him to accept green items. Will he eat green vegetables? :shock:
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Re: Bird Quirkyness

Postby triplebbirds » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:42 pm

As long as its not lime green he is good. There is something bad about lime green. He doesnt mine his neighbors though and they are a pair of green quakers. He will be moving on the 12th when his kiddos come out to play. We have Yam, Rolls, and Leftovers. Turkey was dead in shell. :cry: After i pull those babies i will be rearanging the bird room.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal

Return to General & Off Topic