Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

a case of the Christmas mondays.

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

a case of the Christmas mondays.

Postby MissLady9902 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:07 am

It just me or is anyone else just not in the holiday mood at all?
I put my tree up and got the lights on and then didn't feel like doing anymore. Believe it or not the tree kind of looks nice with just the lights on it.
Also they're the large LED lights so if the birds did somehow manage to get in the tree they couldn't quickly be harmed. The covers are plastic and not glass.
Not that I think there will be an issue with them messing with the tree, neither one thinks it looks like fun. Noodle doesn't even want to climb on it and Marvin gives me the "i don't think so" face. They're not afraid of it but just don't want to be on it. Which is fine with me.

I was just wondering if anyone else was just feeling blah about christmas this year.
Cathy

Busy beaks are quiet beaks!

:senegal: - Noodle
:gray: - Marvin
MissLady9902
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A Senegal and a Congo African Grey
Flight: No

Re: a case of the Christmas mondays.

Postby tacotaco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 am

i pretty much feel the same. right after thanksgiving i was a little hyped, starting with the Christmas music, etc. Now it just feels like it's taking really long to get here and I kind of can't wait til it's over. Work has been soooo slow which makes me sooo bored lol. Only happy thing for me is that I really didn't have to spend too much. Just had to get my parents something and I did that weeks ago :) also bought my conure a new java tree- so he's done too! :thumbsup:

*my bird isn't afraid of the tree either, i did put him on it to see if he'd like being there (before lights were on it) and i think he couldn't wait to get off of it lol. but when we walk by hes fine which is good - i remember my other bird would be so afraid of everything, i don't miss that part about him at all :)
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby MandyG » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 am

I'm glad somebody else feels the same. My husband, family and friends are all really excited for Christmas, I personally just wish it was cancelled this year. I'm not sure why, maybe it was the unseasonably warm fall we had or the extreme cold we've had this winter, whatever the cause I'm just not into it this year!

This will be our first year with a flighted bird and a Christmas tree. I'm not sure how he'll react to it yet. I've managed to keep putting off putting up the tree, but my husband has insisted it needs to be put up by the end of the week... I'm curious to see what Mojo thinks of it!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby tacotaco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 am

hey chick - get that tree up !! lol 1 more week. do you guys do a real tree or fake? i think thats the other reason i'm all down, we cut our own tree this year (i just moved to eastern long island and its ALL farms and vineyards, gotta cut ur own) but the only thing is for some reason it doesn't smell at all!! i think i'm gonna buy some pine tree flavored candles, i love that smell :)
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 am

That's probably cause all the retailers started selling christmas stuff since before halloween! I swear I was in Macy's first week of October and saw them stacking shelves full of xmas stuff. So we've been over a month into christmas stuff. The retailers were terrified that in this low economy they'll miss out on their xmas sales so they tried to fake the christmas spirit by pushing for more junk, more sales, earlier start, more hype, etc. But it's fake. That's why it's so depressing.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby tacotaco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am

thats so true! i've seen decorations and what not around for soo long now. it's not fun and exciting anymore... and starting in 2 weeks everyone is going to cry that they're bankrupt because a lot of people have no control over their money and just spend spend spend. ughh, i've worked for a bank for so long lol (all overdrawn accounts after Christmas!) be wise :)
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Postby MandyG » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 am

We use a fake tree. I grew up with a fake one (my dad has allergies) but my husband always had a real one. We might get a real one eventually, but right now it's easier and safer to have a fake one.

Michael, that's definitely true!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby triplebbirds » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Thank goodness im not the only one. I am trying to force the spirt this year. Not a holiday person anyway but im trying to do better for the kids. So we got a good bit of their presents. Have to get more small stuff for the little ones. Me and hubby already did the presents, like a few weeks ago but will probably buy each other some strange thing under the tree this year. Work is super busy this time of year. We did thanksgiving here and are doing christmas here. The tree is up already, well its been up and down a few times. Toddlers and the wonderful game of kids and dogs playing tag in my living room. The dinner has been purchased as of YESTERDAY. I still need to start on christmas goodies. Then after christmas things will go back to normal.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal

Postby tacotaco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:58 pm

well, then after christmas it's new years!! another holiday that stinks for me - i never have a good one! maybe that will change cause i can spend it with the bird ;)

good luck with all the family over and keeping the tree up!! :)
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Postby triplebbirds » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Nope this is just the family that lives here. With 6 boys in the house, me and hubby, and 4 dogs the tree doesnt stand a chance. We kinda baracaded it behind some furnature so at least you have to try and knock it down. So about every other day we have to rescue the tree. New years is always fun around here. We get to pig out. Like all the yummy desserts and appitizers and stuff like that. We arent drinkers so usually we stay home for that and watch the ball drop but we play games and stuff. The older boys usually want to play video games. New years can be fun because there isnt the pressure of the "normal" holidays.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal

Next

Return to General & Off Topic