Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

a case of the Christmas mondays.

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: a case of the Christmas mondays.

Postby triplebbirds » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:30 pm

No the ones we have bought so far are still in the van.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal
Flight: Yes

Postby MandyG » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Well Mojo's Christmas presents just came in :D

Still doesn't feel like Christmas though...
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby triplebbirds » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:54 pm

I have just started the baking. I think we ae going to TRY and get some wrapping done tonight. For some reason until i make these piticular kind of cookies it never feels like christmas. All the shopping got done yesterday. Me and the hubby decieded to get each other gifts for the tree. I got him Jazz, the senegal and i got Dukie a boxer pup. But we cheat. We go to the store and split up and pick what the other one will be getting us. He was nice enough to get me 3 new books. All bird books. I was smart enough to get him a roofing stapler thing and I dont remember what else he.. i mean I picked out. It was some tool thing. But hopefully after 1pm tomorrow it will feel like a holiday, thats when im off work for a whole day.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal

Postby Natacha » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:54 am

To me, Christmas was how I lived it as a kid; in Germany visiting my grandparents.

Since my grandparents moved into a smaller apartment due to my grandfather getting a leg (then two) amputated, Christmas hasn't really been the same, since, for the lack of space, my brother and I had to stop going. My parents still went for three years and when my grandfather died, my mom told my grandmother that she would have to come because she felt guilty about leaving my brother and I alone for the Holidays. She came two years, during which it felt more like Christmas than it did for a while but still not quite the same thing, but this year she's too weak for the trip. Therefore my parents went to see her and this year I'll be spending Christmas just with my boyfriend. Given we just moved, I really don't mind having a quiet Christmas for the two of us and the birds and cat and will appreciate the extra time off work. But it doesn't really feel like Christmas to me.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic