Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

House cleaning help

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: House cleaning help

Postby harclis54 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:35 am

Yeah!! House cleaning is must for every house and I would suggest you to always hire professionals and to use best quality of cleaning products. Never comprise on that as these products effects our health.
harclis54
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Postby parth456 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 am

Hello everyone...

I need some suggestions or help for my house.., I used the vacuum cleaner, magic broom and also use this combo pack "Kawachi 10 in 1 Combo Pack Best Spin Mop & Bucket System C92" but not get effective results so please suggest me some effective tips..?
parth456
Parakeet

Postby liz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 am

sidech wrote:I use Murphy's oil soap on my wood floors and even tiles. Works well, smells good, not toxic.

I have also changed to Murphy's. It works well and has a warm pleasant smell that is not offensive.

My two Amazons are not birds but kids looking to get into trouble all the time. They do not chew on cages instead they chew cabinet and trim work.
(This is my last home. It was made in 1979 and looks that old too. At this point in my life my birds get most of my attention. Other than chewing a big hole in the wall things destroyed are of less value than a home. My daughter will inherit my house and she is the one messing it up for me now. I don't care what it looks like when I am gone.)
Baby wipes can clean almost everything. Fresh poop wipes up easy. I use an old butter knife on hard surfaces to chunk off dry poop before cleaning. I chunk off fabric too when it is dry. The residual can be brushed out of fabric.

Myrtle has favorite places to perch. I put paper down so I can just change it. I do this in my Cockatiel room and it works well. The most cleaning I do in there is little feathers and dander.
Rainbow is a pedestrian and has to be followed with a tissue.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am

I can't really offer much in terms of tips... I've been doing the same thing for many years: I scrape the poop off the floors, sweep or vacuum, and mop. If I am having company, I go over the floors again with the swifter thingie loaded with Murphy's and lavender or lemon oil after I put the birds in their cages. I don't obsess over dirt any more... I used to when I was younger but not anymore [one of the benefits of getting old :lol: ]
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby maddy88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:47 am

Hello,

You can use baking powder for cleaning because it kills all the bacteria which is not seen & without harm your pet...I think you should try this tips...
Thanks...
maddy88
Parakeet

Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 am

I think you mean baking soda and not baking powder [baking powder has baking soda in it but it's not all baking soda and it's much more expensive]. But, in any case, although baking soda is great for scrubbing [it's rough but not too rough] and for deodorizing [it's a salt and it absorbs odors], it's not antibacterial so it doesn't really kill anything.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby GreenWing » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:04 pm

I have hard wood floors, and soap and water works wonders! I also invested in a very good vacuum cleaner. I place newspaper under Chance's cage and change them every few days with a good floor cleaning, this does the trick!

I used to use air purifiers for Chance's dust, but now I just use the vacuum cleaner and open windows to air the house out and vacuum up the pesky down feathers.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 am

Well, actually, the air purifiers are not for our benefit [getting rid of the birds dust] but for theirs as indoor [and outdoor, too] air is full of nasty particles that mess up their ultra delicate respiratory system.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Lindyschoe » Tue May 11, 2021 2:41 am

In general, I have been using the services of house cleaning agencies for a long time. Especially now, when the pandemic is all over the world. I just work as a doctor, and I don't have time to clean the house. But I always liked to keep the house clean so that it was always fresh. So I first decided to find a house cleaning agency in Google and came across this site https://procleaninglondon.co.uk/. Now I understand that it is much more convenient to hire people to clean the house for you. And I don't spend so much money on it. I just don't have time to do it myself. I used to clean the whole house every Sunday.
Lindyschoe
Parakeet

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic