Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

how cool is this?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

how cool is this?

Postby tacotaco » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 am

ok, my dad is 1 of 8 and half of the family doesn't speak to the other half. it's sad and stupid but thats how life is sometimes. so randomly, my dad gets an e-mail from his nephew that he hasn't seen or spoken to in 21 years!! his nephew, Jose, explained that he found dad's e-mail thru google by remembering my dad's company's name etc etc and wants to reconnect with the family. my dad was thrilled and they had their first reunion yesterday afternoon. lots of tears and smiles :)
Naturally, I happen to have parrot stuff all over my desk :lol: It caught Jose's attention and he asked me if I had one. After that, we spent about 20 minutes talking about our birds, he has a :gray: named Lady and she is seven years old. I thought it was so awesome that my 'new' cousin also shares this interest and love for birds like I do.
Anyway, we look forward to seeing him more and meeting his wife and kids soon (and hopefully Lady too!)
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon
Flight: Yes

Re: how cool is this?

Postby MandyG » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 am

That's great! I love reunions :D .
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Re: how cool is this?

Postby Kathleen » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 am

That's very exciting. Parrot people are hard to find. When you do find them, stick with them because they would make good birdsitters.
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Return to General & Off Topic