Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Senegal Parrot Rescue

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Senegal Parrot Rescue

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 am

For all the Senegal Parrot lovers out there I just wanted to share this with you:

http://www.facebook.com/GingersParrots
http://GingersParrots.org

It's a first of its kind. It is a Senegal Parrot rescue that is focused on retraining once rejected parrots to be good with people again in order to adopt them out to people otherwise looking for the qualities of a baby parrot. Please check it out, like, adopt, volunteer if you're in the area, or at the very least spread the word. There are many ready to go Senegals that need a home in the Phoenix area so the more attention this rescue gets, the better the chances of the birds finding a home soon. Thanks.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Senegal Parrot Rescue

Postby GreenWing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 pm

I would gladly take in another Sennie. Would Tiki be okay with it? I would do it if she could handle it.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

I wouldn't recommend to anyone to take on another parrot until they are 100% set with the one(s) they already have. Until you can say you have a long term trouble free relationship, know the seasonal changes your bird goes through, etc, don't get another parrot. Not only will you be unprepared for the new one but it could also greatly hurt things with the original. I think it's a good mindset and something to consider down the line but work on making things work well with this one. The last thing we need (and I'm not saying you but just in general) is 1 parrot being adopted leading 2 back to the rescue. See my point?
Michael
Macaw

Postby GreenWing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Ah, yes. We've been over all this before, haven't we, Mike? :D

'Gotta wait until she reaches adulthood before even considering... still I feel so sorry for all the beautiful sennies that need homes, though.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

GreenWing wrote:Ah, yes. We've been over all this before, haven't we, Mike? :D

'Gotta wait until she reaches adulthood before even considering... still I feel so sorry for all the beautiful sennies that need homes, though.

Then send Ginger's Parrots a donation. No matter how small, I'm sure it will help. I'm sure we could set up a sponsor a bird program where you get updates about a specific bird and your funds help it live a better life. They already have it pretty good but really can use any help they can get. Ginger works her butt off for these birds.
Michael
Macaw

Return to General & Off Topic