Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Orange Guard pest control

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Orange Guard pest control

Postby LJ4RockPebbler » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 am

Thank you
LJ4RockPebbler
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Regent parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby mike12345 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:36 am

LJ4RockPebbler wrote:I purchased a product called "Orange Guard" which is a natural orange peel extract that kills insects on contact I have read. The product states that it's safe for pets but it doesn't specify white ants sydney. I'm worried that the orange scent might have some adverse affect on my bird. I also read that this type of orange peel oil is what's used for certain scented candles and I know that I can't use candles. My question then is, would it be safe to use this product around my bird. I don't know if anyone uses this product or has heard about this product but the feedback would be much appreciated.

Hello LJ4RockPebbler,
I am not sure for the birds but you can check their official website http://www.orangeguard.net/
mike12345
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby liz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:12 am

Our birds sences are better than ours. If you can smell it it is too strong to use around birds.

I bought a house that seems to be held together by bug poop. I have found that the black plastic roach traps have a bate and they work well. I also use the sticky paper traps and bate them with leftovers. It is amazing how fast those sticky papers fill up. They are great but I think my bugs reproduce faster than I can kill them.
I have to put my birds in cages on the back deck and lock the furries out to use a bug spray then air the house and wipe everything down including base boards since Rainbow has decided they are chew toys. I did it once and sweeped up bugs 3 times a day for 3 days. I need to do it again while the weather is still nice to put them out.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby sheron56 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:59 am

Hi
I tried orange guard pest control but does find it effective. So please recommend me its alternative which I can use for pest control.
Thanks.
sheron56
Parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 am

I am sorry I can't help you, Sharon, I don't kill anything but fleas and for that I use the drops you put on the dogs and cats and always bathe them on the fourth day of the application to prevent them rubbing it on something that the birds might touch - HIGHLY unlikely but what the heck - better safe than sorry, right?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Rustin32 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 am

Hello...

Thanks for sharing the above information guys, it's really good and helpful for me....
Rustin32
Parakeet

Postby john78 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:15 am

Keep ants away from your home with a concoction of borax and sugar. Mix 1 cup sugar and 1 cup borax in a quart jar. Punch holes in the jar's lid, and sprinkle the mixture outdoors around the foundation of your home and around the baseboards inside your house. The ants are attracted by the sugar and poisoned by the borax.
john78
Parakeet

Postby enviropestcontrl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 am

Presence of pest in your home can irritate you and may cause you many health diseases like typhoid and diarrhea. People go through many pest control services to control the problem but did not get good results. If you choose these services, they are always ready to take responsibility to clean your home from pests. They help you with any pest problem whether its ants, cockroaches, termite and other insects.
enviropestcontrl
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Enviro Pest Control is run by people having myriad thoughts in mind in controlling pests and managing them. We are unique in giving the best and unique services to our clients through our human and animal-friendly products.
Flight: No

Postby liz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am

LJ4RockPebbler wrote:These are cockroaches.

I have what they call German Cockroaches. They are the same ones that I have seen outside. I put boric acid where the critters can reach. I have it under dressers and in the lower cabinets. Myrtle opens doors on my upper cabinets so I can't use it there. I have sticky insect pads in other places. They can be folded to form a box that lets them in and they get stuck. I put them under my microwave. They seem to like it there. My refrigerator is about 1 inch shy of the cabinet over it so I put one there.

Ants are the easiest because they form a trail. When I have them I put Terro in their path and out of critter sight. It is a sweet boric acid and they invite all their friends. You will have more ants for a while then that colony will be gone. There is another Terro made for outside if you find an ant hill.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby alizaa19 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:30 am

Hey,

Please give some tips about pest control.??
Thank you in advance.
alizaa19
Parakeet

PreviousNext

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet