Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

SAD BORNAVIRUS RELATED DEATH,

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: SAD BORNAVIRUS RELATED DEATH,

Postby Navre » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I had to put a bird down about a year ago, and even though the end was very near, it was tough to sign those papers and make that decision.

If he is going to be in pain, you're doing the right thing to let him go.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby mazon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 am

Thank you all for your words and support. I appreciate it and helps make the decision a little easier.

:sun:
mazon
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conures

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:32 am

Don't expect it to be 'easy' in any way. I have put down lots and lots of animals (I've been involved in rescue one way or another for many years] and no matter how many times I have to do it, it never gets easier. I cry like a baby every single time and feel terribly guilty but I know it's the right thing to do for them and that my pain and discomfort should be secondary to their best interests.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet