Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Horrible Breeder

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Horrible Breeder

Postby Wolf » Wed May 18, 2016 8:44 am

Yes, I understand that the seller may have a necropsy done, but unless you see the results of it or receive a copy of it then she can claim what ever she wants to. I was referring to having the other bird necropsied for cause of death, which would give you evidence, but that is no guarantee that you would be able to recover any of your finances, but would provide a means of shutting down her selling sick birds as long as it is reported along with evidence to the proper agency. Recovery of funds is a matter that would have to be taken up through legal channels and a lawyer.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby seagoatdeb » Thu May 19, 2016 1:58 pm

You have the pic and videos, and you have the body of the second parrot, so you do have some evidence. There must be someone who cares about the spread of avian disease and will do something. If in the end, the breeder lies to you and continues to be nasty, you can always post to social media to bring awarness of what she is doing to the public and the parrots.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 20, 2016 11:45 am

No, she no longer has the second body, her mother gave it to the petstore woman.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Fri May 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Pajarita wrote:No, she no longer has the second body, her mother gave it to the petstore woman.

I must have missed that, so she has less evidence then.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Wolf » Fri May 20, 2016 5:29 pm

I must have missed it as well as I thought that she gave up the first bird to the pet store, while the second bird was sic but still alive and then it died and she still had that one.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby skeleo » Fri May 20, 2016 6:59 pm

We gave Manu to the breeder after she died. Kala was sick and my mom took her to the breeder after she died.
We tried to call the pet store but she didnt answer so we're going to call tomorrow.

and i'm a guy :0
skeleo
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Postby Wolf » Fri May 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Sorry, I was following the gender pronoun being used, which I don't normally do, I meant no offence, will do better next time.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sun May 22, 2016 11:55 am

Ooops, sooooo sorry about that! I did not mean to offend... There was actually no reason for me to assume you were a girl so I don't know why I did it!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby skeleo » Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 pm

its ok.

The breeder apologized for everything and refunded our money. She said the necropsy found that they didn't have any good bacteria in their bodies and that gave them a weak immune system. She said it wasn't contagious but they probably got it from feeding each other or something..thats literally what contagious is.. but whatever. She said that she wasn't upset and learned something from this experience..but still went to a bird show last weekend and didnt quarantine. so whatever. hhhh.
skeleo
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Postby Wolf » Tue May 24, 2016 9:54 pm

I am glad that you got your money back ,but still do not know why the birds died. A bird that is placed on antibiotics will not have much in the way of bacteria in their digestive system because the antibiotics kill all of the bacteria both good and bad. The bacteria must then be replenished, which takes time and for that reason I do not see this as the cause of death. Even with a depressed immune system many birds live with this for quite some time before they finally catch something that is fatal to them, so again I do not see the cause of death. Even the bad bacteria in the birds body will not kill it until one or more of them gain enough of a foothold to cause an infection and this is more likely with a depressed immune system but there is no mention of the bacteria that grew out of control and caused the birds death.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

PreviousNext

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet