Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

budgie worming

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

budgie worming

Postby TheNzJessie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:57 am

ok my avian vet said to worm my budgie every 6 months, its been 7 and so i brought from wormer you put in there water (couldn't find another) i put the direct amount into his water and they said to put only the amount for water that can be consumed in 24 hours, which i did...my budgie took one gulp and din't drink anymore, i tipped it out and gave fresh water with more of the wormer, he wouldn't go near it, and didnt for 5 days in a row, (i have used up all my supply of wormer) i tried putting it in a bottle cap and giving it to him and every time he took some i would give him a treat, he could take a sip then jump on my shoulder and spit it back and me (cheeky bugger)

as soon as i put fresh water (with no wormer) he went straight over to it and drank his water....

is there any other way to worm him......
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: budgie worming

Postby issy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:41 am

You should never have wormer treated water for more than 24 hours in the cage.

I've noticed that budgies don't drink much water, I would keep to the recommended dose because you can end up poisoning your budgie if you don't.

Whenever I worm Sheldon he will drink a little water through out the day, but i never expect him to finish the whole bowl of treated water.

-issy
Image- Sheldon

Image- Evey
issy
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow Lorikeet
Sun Conure

Re: budgie worming

Postby TheNzJessie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:07 am

when i was replacing the water i was measuring it and putting less of the dosage in each time
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet