Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Yummy pellets

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Yummy pellets

Postby Bird woman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:28 pm

I try not to assume anything , It never even entered into my mind that you didn't in fact feed fresh fruits and veggies. If I were to assume anything it would be that everyone on this site is reading and doing the very best possible for there species of fid with ALL there care or striving to do it better, or why would they bother to be here . I know I'm always looking for info and opinions on new info , forever weeding through the good and the garbage. B.W. Wonder what kind of expertise these people that head up the science groups have ;)
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Bird woman wrote:I try not to assume anything , It never even entered into my mind that you didn't in fact feed fresh fruits and veggies. If I were to assume anything it would be that everyone on this site is reading and doing the very best possible for there species of fid with ALL there care or striving to do it better, or why would they bother to be here . I know I'm always looking for info and opinions on new info , forever weeding through the good and the garbage. B.W. Wonder what kind of expertise these people that head up the science groups have ;)

Well why don't you join the group and find out its called FeedingFeathers, I first joined this forum for info and care etc but now I don't need any of that info here I educate myself as everybody should and run my own group and im in other groups so its easier to get information there.I do check here to see if theres anything interesting like Wolf and Pajarita always post links.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Bird woman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Well if that's where all the scientific experts are then I will have to check it out and just maybe there can be some long term studies I can look over , complete with health and blood work documentation on the different parrot diets and especially pellets. (Species specific of course) . Thank you for the heads up , I'm always looking to better educate myself but really have found listening to other people's experiences inables me to try different things and make for a better decision where all my fids are concerned. How's the search for your lost baby going , any leads ? Just read your face book posts , stated your bird got away at 1:00 am ? My fids are on a twilight schedule ( also learned on this site) didn't think it healthy for them to be on a human time clock :D Guess I'll be reading about that on your web site too. See you there :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Bird woman wrote:Well if that's where all the scientific experts are then I will have to check it out and just maybe there can be some long term studies I can look over , complete with health and blood work documentation on the different parrot diets and especially pellets. (Species specific of course) . Thank you for the heads up , I'm always looking to better educate myself but really have found listening to other people's experiences inables me to try different things and make for a better decision where all my fids are concerned. How's the search for your lost baby going , any leads ? Just read your face book posts , stated your bird got away at 1:00 am ? My fids are on a twilight schedule ( also learned on this site) didn't think it healthy for them to be on a human time clock :D Guess I'll be reading about that on your web site too. See you there :thumbsup: BW

My birds go to bed at 8 pm same time as me, She got away on halloween so its understandable why everybody would be up so late looking for her.And I'm guessing you learned that from Paj shes big on sleeping schedules but as long as they get enough sleep thats ok which is around 10-12 hours.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Brandon, I just read your profile and didn't realize you were so young. I'm always up for fact based studies but as you get older in life you learn that life's experiences and other people's trials and tribulations should never be disregarded. All the information Ive gleaned from this site as well as others has helped enrich my fids lives. Yes I've studied pajarita and others take on solar schedules for fids and like you I thought mine were okay with 11 or 12 hours a night but honestly they are much better behaved with the solar. Never discount others experiences and think you know it all. That's usually when life kicks you in the behind :lol: Keep up the good work on face book and I'm still praying you find your baby
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Bird woman wrote:Brandon, I just read your profile and didn't realize you were so young. I'm always up for fact based studies but as you get older in life you learn that life's experiences and other people's trials and tribulations should never be disregarded. All the information Ive gleaned from this site as well as others has helped enrich my fids lives. Yes I've studied pajarita and others take on solar schedules for fids and like you I thought mine were okay with 11 or 12 hours a night but honestly they are much better behaved with the solar. Never discount others experiences and think you know it all. That's usually when life kicks you in the behind :lol: Keep up the good work on face book and I'm still praying you find your baby

Thats just like saying we should be in a solar schedule lol its not necessary is all I'm saying and my birds are never moody or anything they are very good.I never discount others experiences and never said I know it all nobody does and I think its ridiculous to even point that out lol people say that a lot.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Bird woman wrote:Well if that's where all the scientific experts are then I will have to check it out and just maybe there can be some long term studies I can look over , complete with health and blood work documentation on the different parrot diets and especially pellets. (Species specific of course) . Thank you for the heads up , I'm always looking to better educate myself but really have found listening to other people's experiences inables me to try different things and make for a better decision where all my fids are concerned. How's the search for your lost baby going , any leads ? Just read your face book posts , stated your bird got away at 1:00 am ? My fids are on a twilight schedule ( also learned on this site) didn't think it healthy for them to be on a human time clock :D Guess I'll be reading about that on your web site too. See you there :thumbsup: BW

There are no scientific experts in Feeding Feathers, they are a group of people who have parrots and, who, like us, exchange information about parrots diet and post in this Facebook page instead of on an actual website, that's all. I am not saying they are not useful, just clarifying that they are not a 'science group', just regular people.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Pajarita wrote:

There are no scientific experts in Feeding Feathers, they are a group of people who have parrots and, who, like us, exchange information about parrots diet and post in this Facebook page instead of on an actual website, that's all. I am not saying they are not useful, just clarifying that they are not a 'science group', just regular people.

Well theres no such thing as regular people, I wasn't being literal when I said science group lol theres a lot more to science than just bird related things.They are very knowledgable and experienced in certain things and it looks like a lot of people have got their birds on to these pellets quicker than other pellets like for me it took 1 day I only got them when I made this thread lol.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Of course there is such a thing as 'regular people'! It means people like us, with no real formal education or training on the specific subject versus a 'science group' which implies a group of scientists that are currently either working and studying or have studied/worked on the said subject. I realize now that you were not been literal but anybody would have taken your calling them a 'science group' as such - Birdwoman did.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Pajarita, I was just being condescending, I didn't appreciate someone plugging themselves on another site under the pretense of this one being inferior or without merit. I have found a treasure chest of info on this site and find it rather refreshing communicating with REGULAR PEOPLE such as myself. B.W. :thumbsup:
Bird woman
Amazon

PreviousNext

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet