Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Help! Is my IRN sick?

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Help! Is my IRN sick?

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 am

Well, if he has a fungal (which I also believe he does), he now has a bacterial, too, because fungal infections don't elevate the white cell count, it's the secondary bacterial ones that usually do it but getting a secondary bacterial infection when there is a fungal infection going on happens almost all the time for all birds and always for babies because of their under-developed immune system.

I would not have done the injections though... I would have done everything orally, but that's me and I am a maniac when it comes to my animals.

I recommend you give the bird some liver tonics mixed in his formula. They will help his liver cope with all the medicines he is taking and will help with his appetite and energy level, too. I recommend non-alcoholic liquid milk thistle and dandelion root extracts.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:10 pm

I saw pictures of your baby on line and what a pretty birdie he is. How are things going this morning Wishing all well and good health. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ihijazi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 am

Here is a great read about my baby's case. There are some stories as well: https://mickaboo.org/confluence/down...sis_031311.pdf

According to that paper, this kind of infection/disease will take a very long time to be healed. Asper is very serious disease...

This is very depressing...
ihijazi
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Indian Ringneck

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:34 am

ihijazi wrote:Here is a great read about my baby's case. There are some stories as well: https://mickaboo.org/confluence/down...sis_031311.pdf

According to that paper, this kind of infection/disease will take a very long time to be healed. Asper is very serious disease...

This is very depressing...

The link wouldn't work for me. It could be because my tablet is Android or is it on somewhere you need to be logged into to acess.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby ihijazi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40 am

ihijazi
Lovebird

Postby Bird woman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:17 pm

How's the little one this morning? BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Yes, aspergillosis is a difficult problem to eliminate and, sometimes, it becomes a chronic condition that needs to be monitored for the rest of the bird's life (they check the titers and, if they go too high, they treat until they go down). But this only happens to birds that have some sort of immune system problem, usually a depressed one due to chronic stress (like Alex, the famous African gray, had from living such an unnatural and stressful life in a lab).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ihijazi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:44 am

Hello everyone, and happy new year.

My little guy is suffering. I don't see him getting better, but the opposite. He has very obvious breathing difficulty. A small amount of activity, such as climbing the cage up or down would get him out of breath. And now, I hear "clicking" in his breath, and his whole body is moving up an down...

:'(
ihijazi
Lovebird

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:56 am

So sorry to hear he is so bad. Will keep my fingers crossed for him.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:41 am

Has the vet talked to you about using a nebulizer on your baby, god I hope he's not suffering :( be sure he's being kept warm. Hope things turn around soon , hell of a way to start the New Years . Saying a prayer ;) BW
Bird woman
Amazon

PreviousNext

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet