Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Little ones gloop!

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Little ones gloop!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 pm

I decided to make a separate gloop for the little ones and made my first batch last night but it did not come out right... I cooked it a bit too long and/or shouldn't have let the grains and pulses sit in the pot to cool off. They ate it anyway but next batch will be better.

What I did basically is choose small grains and produce instead of the larger one I normally use so, I got smaller barley, used steel cut oats instead of oat groats, replaced the wheat kernels with farro and the kamut with millet, got the teeny tiny peas instead of the regular size ones, mashed up the sweet potatoes and added coarsely grated carrots to the diced ones and eliminated the white hominy, using only fresh corn. Once I have a better recipe, I will post it here.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet