Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Sick Cockatiel with something unknown...

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Sick Cockatiel with something unknown...

Postby lizarosco » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm

It’s been a good minute but I thought I should update on Loki’s condition. He’s now walking again!! :D
Not perfectly of course he still trips or hesitates or leans forward a bit but he’s definitely significantly improved. His flying came back first though before the walking.

His singing is stronger than ever and he’s got energy enough to climb around, fly, walk. But I try to keep that to a minimum because I’m still in a bit of a worry mode since we were never able to figure out what caused all this to begin with. And he’s put on some weight after having lost so much when he was terribly sick.

I want to thank you guys for your suggestions! I truly believe that’s what helped me and Loki get this far. And I’m so happy to have figured out how much he loves the gloop and is finally getting vegetables in his little body. I don’t know if he’ll still recover back to being 100% or not but even if not this is pretty damn close and much better than I ever expected he’d be again. So thank you very much! I just wish for a miraculous recovery such as this for anyone that goes through a similar ordeal with their feathered loved ones. :greycockatiel:
lizarosco
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Parakeets, cockatiel, sun conure
Flight: Yes

Re: Sick Cockatiel with something unknown...

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:22 am

Thank you SOOOOO much for coming back and letting us know he is better! :danicing: We really, really appreciate it because, believe it or not, we all worry about everybody's birdies. I often thought about your tiel and hoped he was getting better. He WILL get even better. Possibly, all the way, too! People think that birds are very fragile and they are BUT they are also incredibly resilient and, given good care [mostly, a good diet] and some natural supplements, they have almost miraculous recoveries. Continue with the good diet and the supplements and do allow him to have as much activity as he wants - there is nothing better for birds that exercise.

I want to add that I think you deserve triple kudos for not giving up on him and doing such a great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet