Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Central PA Vets??

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Central PA Vets??

Postby skeleo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 am

Does anyone have recommendations for avian vets in central PA? I went to a vet in Lakemont, but I don't like it very much. Nothing is wrong w my birds rn, just asking for the future!
skeleo
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: Central PA Vets??

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:23 pm

I don't know about Central Pa but the best avian vet I've ever had [and, most likely, ever will] is Dr, Jodi Foster. She is not board certified but she is VERY knowledgeable and have had multiple parrots of her own for years and, at the time I moved out of Pa [I lived in the Poconos] she did not have her own clinic but she was EXCELLENT! This lady came in to the clinic to check on a parrot of mine that had had surgery on her leg every single week she was off on maternity leave, starting two days after she gave birth! She is compassionate [a true animal lover -which, believe it or not, is not necessarily the norm when it comes to vets], takes her time to listen to you and explain and, best of all, she tells you when she doesn't know something [again, NOT the norm, especially with Avian vets!] and she does research until she does. I do wish I was still able to use her...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet