Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Is this normal?

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Is this normal?

Postby dario19 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 am

Hi everyone,
I usually read those forums about tips on food and toys for parrots but this time I had to register to ask a question. I have this cocktail for 10 years (since he was few months old) and so far everything was fine until yesterday I noticed weird pulsating abdomen (?), the yellow spot between his legs was pulsating faster last night but it seems it slowed pace today. Could anyone tell me if they encountered similar things because google couldn't tell me anything about it. The bird itself seems healthy, eats, poops,plays with toys and me.

I recorded a short video that you can find on link bellow:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HESpO ... 03hkBiDvtW

Thanks in advance for answers :greycockatiel:
dario19
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cocktail
Flight: Yes

Re: Is this normal?

Postby Pajarita » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:51 am

I can't see it. Please post the video through either Youtube or photobucket. Without seeing the video is hard to tell you anything BUT, usually, when you see a rapid movement in the chest-abdomen area, it's because the bird has labored breathing (does his tail go a bit up and down when he is perching instead of staying perfectly straight and not moving?)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby dario19 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks for response, no tail is standing still, no breathing problems.

https://youtu.be/GKBqrnqIMnw
dario19
Parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

He looks just fine to me...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby dario19 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 am

Thanks for response, guess I worried for nothing :)
dario19
Parakeet

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet