Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

4 month old female Sennie

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

4 month old female Sennie

Postby Laurie Feldman » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:30 am

Hello, Mimi is a four month old female Senegal. She was hand raised in a very reputable hatchery in Mantova, Italy, and we picked her up at 3 months old. She then weighed 135 grams. She eats loads of fresh vegetables, fruits, and some seed/nut mix (Versele Laga) for African parrots. She prefers fresh vegetables. We can't get her weight over 135 grams, and sometimes goes down to 132. She flies a LOT (in the house), is extremely playful and affectionate, and eats ALL the time. Her feathers are shiny and her eyes are bright. She is clearly in good health. Should I worry about her weight?

Also, I have lost touch with Pepper and his lovely dad, and would like to be in touch. If anyone can direct me to him?
Laurie Feldman
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: 4 month old female Sennie

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 am

I would not worry about her weight... For one thing, it's perfectly average and, for another, birds are like people, some are heavier and some are lighter but, as long as she is healthy and eating well, there is no need to worry.

As to Pepper... I've been here for some time and I don't remember anybody with that handle. Have you looked in the members' list?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: 4 month old female Sennie

Postby Laurie Feldman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:07 am

Thank you, that's a relief to hear. Pepper may be on another forum... I'll keep looking...
Laurie Feldman
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet