Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

IWTL How to eat right (please read)

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

IWTL How to eat right (please read)

Postby joelfernandes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:54 am

I grew up on fast food and comfort food my whole life. I've never been into vegetables but I do like fruits. After years and years of poor diet I've taken a stand and want to do better for myself. Despite my username I actually **very rarely ** drink soda anymore. Last year I had 7 cans of soda all year. Now I drink water 90% of the time but I do enjoy iced tea now and then. My diet still sucks though and I want to change.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and that's when I realized.. I don't know how to eat right! Normally I'd be buying studded to make sandwiches, frozen pizza, stuff to make burritos, VH icon nuggets, Mac n cheese, etc. The more I walked around the more I realized I had no idea what to get.

I don't have a lot of money but I feel like with better knowledge I can make a better diet happen even on my small budget. I bought bananas and apples, nonfat yogurt and some frozen dinners from Smart Ones. I know these can be high in sodium but I thought for the time being it was much better than the pizza, ice cream, burgers, etc. that I've been accustomed to.

When I walked out of the store I felt pretty defeated that all I knew to buy was fruit, low fat yogurt and some gimmicky diet frozen meals. If I'm going to change my habits I need to know what I'm doing and I don't even know where to start.

I want to learn to eat better, can you help me?
joelfernandes
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgerigars
African Grey Parrots
Quaker Parrots
Caiques
Conures
Finches.
Flight: Yes

Re: IWTL How to eat right (please read)

Postby Pajarita » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am

Yes, we can. Eat what you feed your birds (which I assume is a healthy diet with whole grains and lots of fruits, veggies and leafy greens) and you will do great!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet