Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Collaboration with invisible partner

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Collaboration with invisible partner

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 am

In truth, I did not know where to put this posting because it's so far reaching in its conclusion.. I mean it speaks to trick training, vocalizations and parrot care and health, if you ask me. Peach fronted conures were found to collaborate with another bird they could not even see! And, although the researchers say they do not even know how they did it, they did mention that the conures would vocalize more when not able to see their 'partner' so, if you ask me, it's clear that they were talking to each other and coordinating when to pull the thread - the treat would only come out IF they both pulled the string at the same time - and they did it even when they could not see the other bird!!! Now is that amazing or is that amazing?!!!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 113012.htm
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet