Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Imperfect food Delivery box

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Imperfect food Delivery box

Postby cstone01 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:16 pm

I just wanted to make a post about a food delivery service we started recently, it has been really good with COVID and having fresh produce in the house. The company is called imperfectfoods and we selected an automatic weekly Delivery of organic fruit and vegetable, they salvage food from grocery stores that is misshapen or not to size specifications.You can go on and customize or they will send you a random assortment. We pay about $30 a week but there are cheaper options Available. They also have a lot of food that isn’t produce but if you select the produce option that is all they will send you. I don’t know if we will keep it up after COVID as I like picking fruit out myself at the store but I feel good about it saving food waste.

The only problem I’ve ever had with it is we want Scott a pretty bad fruit fly break out The only problem I’ve ever had with it is we want Scott a pretty bad fruit fly break out in the house. Things like apples and lemons and even bunches of kale just come loose in the box, no plastic or anything. I believe ugly foods is a similar company but do not have experience with them. I thought it would be worth mentioning if anyone is high risk with everything going on.
cstone01
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Alexandrine
Flight: Yes

Re: Imperfect food Delivery box

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 am

Yes, I read about this and it is very attractive to me because coming from a South American country, 'ugly' produce means nothing to me... I grew up with it :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet