Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

using a product called groutshield

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

using a product called groutshield

Postby crittersareme » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Has anyone ever used a product called grout shield for resealing and recoloring grout around parrots? I need to fix up my grout but am afraid to use it. There is a testimonial from a lady with a parrot but it doesn't say whether the parrot was removed during the process. Mine are in a completely different room, but afraid the AC system would make it bad. The owner says it's OK, but.......
crittersareme
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: conures and amazons
Flight: Yes

Re: using a product called groutshield

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Unless it is smelly, it should be OK, especially if you remove the bird from the area until it has completely cured/set. However, to allay concern I'd probably find out what's in the product and give my vet a call.

Edited to add -- we've done some regrouting since getting Scooter, but grout is pretty innoccuous. Could you re-grout instead?
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet