Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Scarlet is sick

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Scarlet is sick

Postby lzver » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:03 am

Glad to hear she is home and doing better!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers
Flight: Yes

Re: Scarlet is sick

Postby ptuga72 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:47 am

Thank you all for the well-wishes! yesterday when we got her home she was so tired and wacked out meds she actually fell asleep when I was spoon feeding her some dinner! But today she looks so much better, I am so glad I decided to let her spend the night.

Kim S wrote:Fantastic news! Now hopefully you find something to pribe her with, peanutbutter?

She actually surprised me. She lets me squirt the meds into her beak! I of course give her something yummy to wash them down with. I also can smell her meds, so they may not taste that bad. One is raspberry, one is banana and one is vanilla :D

I am so happy to have her home. The house just wasn't the same without her.
Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
-Antoine de Saint Exupery
ptuga72
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Female Eclectus, 1 Green Cheek Conure, 2 Cherry-Headed Conures (fosters)
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet