Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Nutribird p15 pellets ok for conures?

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Nutribird p15 pellets ok for conures?

Postby captwest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 am

Well there you go, learn something new every day, Thanks for that.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Postby idlepirate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 am

captwest wrote:Hey idlepirate, I'm a real pirate, just 200yrs too late,(jimmy Buffet, "Pirate Looks At 40") any way

haha excellent, your lucky you have the whole :pirate: look going (wouldnt suit me very much) and you get to be on boats all the time. Do you ever take your parrots with you fishing?
I went through a pirate faze when I was younger (before all those lame movies came out haha) and the pirate thing just stuck :)

Thanks for your comments, i guess ill try out a small pack of harrisons then and see how it goes. Nutribird besides looking so big also look colorful so maybe they have too many colourants too. I just hope hope hope he doesnt reject them. Ill spend anything on the right food, i want him to have the best... i just want him to eat it :mrgreen:

Ill have to ask about the sellby date since im ordering off ebay, hope they last a decent amount as lorenzo is only small and young still and doubt hell eat too much.

Thanks everyone for the comments :)
:pirate:
idlepirate
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue Throated Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby captwest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 am

[url][/url]Hey Pirate, Yeah i've taken several parrots and Crows fishing with me ,sometimes for 2-3 wk trips. I used to have a crow named sammy who lived on the boat and went fishing with us for years,He finally got lost over board in a storm and several of my crew were heart broke,we lost him a few times but always found him floating around waiting on us ,we search long and hard for him the last time but conditions really sucked and it kills me to think of him waiting for us to find him, but i guess such is life on the Big Pond.Maybe i should have left him at home with the kids but he really loved being on the boat and run around the deck finding fish parts to eat and little trinkets to hide in his secret stash spot. I quit carrying pets fishing after Sammy as the ocean is a hard and unforgiving place, not only on birds but people as well.This got alittle more involved than i planned, sorry.
http://img341.imageshack.us/i/822i.jpg/ This is a picture of " Marlin " the OWA
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Postby idlepirate » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Wow sounds like you're living an adventure, im sorry to hear about Sammy. I would feel the same if I couldnt find him. I always get very attached to all animals. I suppose if its rough seas its not the best idea to bring any animal along, but for smooth sailing it looks like loads of fun for a parrot. Love the photo of marlin, i can only imagine all the ropes he can climb around on a boat like that ;)
idlepirate
Conure

Postby MandyG » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm

idlepirate wrote:Thanks entranced :)I keep hearing about Harrisons organic, i think id possibly be able to order it online as I cant find it in any shops. Maybe thats my best option since everyone seems to use it in the states. at least to know its good and that conures like it too.

The nutripet ones are really worrying me on the size, esspecially if you say scooter throws out the big ones.

FWIW, I feed my birds Harrisons High Potency Coarse. The pellets are a great size for my Amazon but I thought they'd be too big for my Gold Capped Conure so I was crushing them up for her. Then my vet told me to try leaving them whole and she actually eats the whole thing! She was previously eating Lakes Pellets which are quite small compared to the Harrisons Coarse, the pellets look almost like All-Bran cereal. She surprised me by switching right over to the large pellets and she actually seems to like them better.
MandyG
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby idlepirate » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 pm

try leaving them whole and she actually eats the whole thing! She was previously eating Lakes Pellets which are quite small compared to the Harrisons Coarse, the pellets look almost like All-Bran cereal. She surprised me by switching right over to the large pellets and she actually seems to like them better.

thats great, i hope ill be as lucky and that he likes them enough to just switch right over without any problems. :dancing2:
idlepirate
Conure

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet