Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

does the beak molt

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

does the beak molt

Postby JUSTINandAPRIL » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 pm

WE JUST GOT THE CONURE PARROT YESTERDAY FROM A FAMILY MEMBER ON MY WIFES SIDE.. HE IS 25 YEARS OLD AND TO ME HE DOESNT LOOK LIKE HE WAS GETTING THE RIGHT NUTRITION.. HIS BEAK IS CRUSTING OFF AND DOESNT LOOK LIKE HE HAS HAD A PROPER BATH IN AWHILE.. HE ACTS LIKE NORMAL AND HE USE TO TALK THEY SAID.. WE GOT FRED TO WHISTLE AGAIN BUT HE HAS ONLY DONE IT TWICE.. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THIS WAS SOMETHING THE BEAK DID OR DID THEY JUST NOT FEED HIM FRUIT OR SOMETHING.. THIS IS OUR FIRST BIRD AND I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER YOU TUBE TRYING TO GET AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE AND I THINK I GOT THE BASICS AND A LITTLE MORE BUT DONT KNOW ABOUT HIS BEAK.. ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS I HOPE THIS FORUM IS AS GOOD AS MY REEF2REEF FORUM ON SALTWATER TANKS.. BUT IM SURE IT IS... :swaying:
JUSTINandAPRIL
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: conure
Flight: Yes

Re: does the beak molt

Postby cml » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Lots of capslock! Mind re-posting this in a more forum appropriate way?
Stitch (WFA) and Leroy (BWP)
cml
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: White fronted amazon, Bronze winged pionus

Postby JUSTINandAPRIL » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:14 pm

OK SO I GUESS YALL DONT LIKE CAPS LOCK REALLY.. THAT IS KIND OF STUPID WELL GUESS I CAN FIND ANOTHER FORUM SINCE NOBODYS KNOWS AND IS ALL WORRIED ABOUT THE CAPS. SOME STUPID PEOPLE .. IM JUST TRYING TO GET SOME HELP..
JUSTINandAPRIL
Parakeet

Postby Shelby » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 pm

First of all, using capslock is generally used to "shout". How would you like it if I only shouted? Also, all-caps can be kind of hard to read, especially whole paragraphs of all-caps. It's simple courtesy to try your best to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation in order to encourage good communication.

As for your concerns about your bird's beak - if you're really worried, take him to a vet right away. We don't have pictures of your bird so we can't see for ourselves what could be the problem, and nobody here is a certified vet so any advice we could give you would be only a guess at best.

Also, read Michael's Taming Article. This will get your started on building a relationship with your bird.
Shelby
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: I don't have a bird yet
Flight: No

Postby cml » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 pm

JUSTINandAPRIL wrote:OK SO I GUESS YALL DONT LIKE CAPS LOCK REALLY.. THAT IS KIND OF STUPID WELL GUESS I CAN FIND ANOTHER FORUM SINCE NOBODYS KNOWS AND IS ALL WORRIED ABOUT THE CAPS. SOME STUPID PEOPLE .. IM JUST TRYING TO GET SOME HELP..

Calling me and others stupid is very counter-productive, that wont result in anything good =)!

As Shelby wrote, the use of capslock makes everything harder to read, a post easily becomes a "wall of text". I was just trying to get you to post something more easily readible. The shout-thing, well I know caps is considered shouting online, but that doesnt bother me in the slightest, I just believe in common courtesy where you write in a way that is easily accessable, understandable and not offensive?

Come now, that isnt too hard is it =)? You will miss out on a lot of good information if you leave, and it will really be your loss. This forum is an amazing resource and we would all really like to help you!

Best Regards,
CML
Stitch (WFA) and Leroy (BWP)
cml
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: White fronted amazon, Bronze winged pionus

Postby JUSTINandAPRIL » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:42 pm

well im sorry for shouting at everybody thats just how i always write in my saltwater forum.. no complaints on that forum. and i 'm sure i can get another forum thats better than the people here.. i was just trying to see if anybody else has seen or heard about this kind of thing... REALLY, people its hard to read because its bigger wouldn't it be easier to read that way.. like i take the time to put correct grammar that will get you far in life.. maybe if your a english teacher.. who cares how i write the worry is the bird not my writing so yes i will go to another forum and no not my loss don't really care about the forum was just doing this for my wife... so peace out and ill never type here again. thanks for nothing.. :violin: :thumbsup:
JUSTINandAPRIL
Parakeet

Postby Cage Cleaner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 am

Ok
Last edited by Cage Cleaner on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cage Cleaner
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: 2

Postby JUSTINandAPRIL » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:19 pm

ok so i said i wasnt going to type here again but by classy do you mean rich snobes who all they think about is there selves.. i think you do. this is a crap forum and you people dont even care about the bird so again thanks for nothing..
JUSTINandAPRIL
Parakeet

Postby egenlauf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

I think as another person who is new to this forum, not everyone is as put off by lack of etiquette, had you simply said "Oh ok I didn't realize that was an issue, let me repost this without the caps" that would have been the end of that and on to helping you, but to then continue attack those very people who you are seeking help from shows poor judgement on your part. The people on this forum have an immense love and knowledge of birds and avian culture, to simply dismiss the usefulness of this forum because of questions about etiquette is silly. You don't know the people here, just as they don't know you. All we have to go off of is a couple of posts in all caps and your response to being corrected on that topic. Take a deep breath, relax, repost your question without all the caps and move on. You will find you will learn a tremendous amount of information from this forum in return. Just my advice feel free to take it or leave it. You repeated mention you can find a better forum to ask question on, I've looked and I have yet to find one. Lets all be friends and hopefully later down the line when you are having more questions (A bird keeper is always learning new stuff) the folks at this forum can be there to help you out.

As to the beak question, My rose cockatoo has that same problem but she has only been with me for 2 months and it was like that when she arrived. I am treating it as more of a diet problem and trying to make sure she gets more quality pellets, and greens and less seeds and junk. Not sure if that will fix the issue, but she was at the vet before we even brought her to the house and they gave her a clean bill of health.
egenlauf
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Parakeets - Maddie and Geddy
1 Cockatiel - Spike
1 Black Cap Caique - Sammy
1 Gallah Cockatoo - Peanut

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet