Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Panasonic Full Spectrum Bulbs

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Panasonic Full Spectrum Bulbs

Postby lifesazoo33 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Hello all,
I have posted in the past about lighting and received a lot of very good help, but cannot find the topic that I posted. I was talking with people at a parrot store near my house, and asked if they sold lights for birds (I sent them a message on Facebook - oh the joys of technology). They said that they sell "Panasonic Full Spectrum Bulbs", but also said this..

They are not marketed for Parrots but they are very high quality, and they tend to have a much lower price than comparable products from Zoo-Med and others. However, if you are planning to use full spectrum lighting for multiple Parrots or even one larger Parrot, we recommend the tube fixtures as they cover a larger area and are generally more effective.

I was just wondering if anyone has used these for their birds, or if they are adequate for birds. From what I saw, the white light produced 5000K and the phosphor colour light was 2500K. They are available in 15, 20, and 25W incandescent bulbs.

Your help is greatly appreciated :)
lifesazoo33
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Jardines Parrot
Flight: No

Return to Housing