Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Green cheek conure cage help!

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Green cheek conure cage help!

Postby featherluv5 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 am

I have had luck finding a used cage @ smaller pet stores, or even shops like the agways. mabey places going out of business. u could even try putting a add on craigs list...but I agree w/ the others, those ones are just too small & flimsy. have u tried looking up cages on Overstock.com? when I was looking for a bigger cage for my eckie they had some really good deals..
featherluv5
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday,2 jenday & Dusky conures, 1 F S.I. Ecclectus
Flight: Yes

Postby marie83 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:14 am

have to agree that 18" is much too small imo for a green cheek conure, they are too active. Not as bad if its to only be used as a sleep/feed cage though and the birds out 90% of their waking day every day.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby lights106 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:37 pm

I had no idea overstock carried cages till I today! I am only 45 minutes away from them and could easily go to their brick and mortar store if I can find one. I am most defiantly not going to buy anything that is 18" now. I will try and find the biggest one I can afford. I am willing to buy a wire one that is bigger for now and buy a bigger one later. Because I can sell the old one. I have looked at all the smaller pet stores in my area (including ones 2 hours away) and there are only the tiny cages. KSL which is more popular of a classifieds than craigslist here in Utah have cages, but so far I've found tiny cages or ones I still can't afford. LOL
lights106
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure
Flight: No

Postby JaydeParrot » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I found a montana cage at a car boot sale for £10 (about $15), if you go to a car boot sale you'll find most people would rather sell their stuff at a loss than take it back home, just make sure you give it a good clean out before letting your GCC live in it, :).
JaydeParrot
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: 2 Senegal Parrots.

Postby lights106 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm

I went to a bunch of yard and garage sales this weekend. I found one giant cage, but it was all rusted. I read I. Here that its pretty much not worth it to buy and restore a rusted cage.
lights106
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure
Flight: No

Postby JaydeParrot » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm

You're most likely to find them in car boot sales on sunny days (there's more car booters on sunny days) but yeah, I will agree with you, a rusted cage would take ages to repair, keep trying, something should turn up, especially with it being summer, :).
JaydeParrot
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: 2 Senegal Parrots.

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 pm

The last 2 are okay but change the cups to stainless steel if you can
Sean
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure

Previous

Return to Housing