Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How to replace broken wheels on cages

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

How to replace broken wheels on cages

Postby purringparrot » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi Everyone,
I had a problem with some of our cages that we move around a lot, wheels breaking or slating so much from the weight of the cage they were very hard to move around. I did a search and came across this: http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/do-you-b ... requently/
Someone has finally come up with a fairly simple way to put better wheels on a cage. Our aluminum cages are great but the wheels don't last long so now they have new bases with heavy duty wheels. I attached the wood base by using heavy duty zip ties. For our heavier cages I will have to use bendable metal slats as the other person used. I also attached some photos of the bases I made.
cage1.jpeg
(74.58 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

cage2.jpeg
(22.26 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

I hope this helps others that have wonky wheels.
purringparrot
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Congo grey, uncape parrot, bare-eyed cockatoo, bg macaw, gw macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: How to replace broken wheels on cages

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:51 am

Cool and very easy to do! Thank you for the posting, it's VERY useful!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing